Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

From 3/3:

lOPZbmM.jpg

6up6nWF.jpg

Probably wrong place for this. Massport has nothing to do with Seaport Square

Yes,

Can you remind me where the general Seaport discussion thread is?

btw, the comment section is rich with thoughtful informed posts; :rolleyes:

can anyone post a quick housing-unit/s summary for the seaport?

i know a few have posted a quick list here and there.

Here's a screen print of my development spreadsheet. I can't guarantee it's 100% accurate but it's in the ballpark.
A=apartment C=condo R=restaurant/retail.
C=completed U=U/C X=up in the air

KFGQ50Y.jpg

Comments section of the article are full of haters. It being the Globe, it's not a surprise. I always find it interesting though (actually more so annoying) when commenters remark on the lack of "neighborhood feel" and that these buildings where people live "don't make a neighborhood." I'm not sure whether these people have actually spoken to those who actually live there. I, for example, have found a strong sense of community with my neighbors in the building and with others nearby as well. I feel right at home and I know for a fact others do too. People who are here are the ones who want to be here. That's good enough for me.

Underwhelming. Looks like the Pier 4 office building and the Hub on Causeway office building had a bastard child. Really looks like an uninspired derivative of those two.

ZwbWDh8.jpg

ztxy3xu.jpg

This looks amazing. Freakin' phenomenal. The seaport is going from worst to first fast.

I like how theyre using superblocks to block off some of the grid and allow it to flow vs a stop light at every single building. It will help with the flow of cars along with pedestrian flow and protected space for them to walk, bikers too.

The benjamin and whatever its twin is called have a superblock, the memorial park has a large superblock, M parcels is a huge superblock with a pedestrian cut through (need more of these throughout the city), L1-L2, L3-6 is another HUGE superblock with pedestrian only access in the central outdoor space, K is a mini one.

I love how the road cant keep going behind 101 and 121 seaport but they extend it through M parcels as a ped courtyard, then L3-L6 you can cut through n-s and e-w and the bottom corner of M parcels leads to an east west cut through of the L pacels to make an easy way to get through. The pedestrian access-ways being designed into the city here are the best in the city. From scratch they are designing long ped-ways that are VERY protected from cars because they are between buildings. Not only does the superblocks keep traffic flowing, but the same with bikes, and its giving really good pedestrian walk ways that are safe and also double as retail corridors. This is looking amazing. People are going to eat their words when this neighborhood is more finished. Id say in 5 years it is going to have a semblance of a real neighborhood and will start getting the amenities that true neighborhoods have once it is more filled in and people live/work here.

All of the other great neighborhoods of Boston still exist, and none were demolished to create this, its a win win. I love how its moving towards fort point now too so it will be brick vs glass. Fort point will give it that realness to it where its not 100% from scratch and nice little nooks and crannies that look great with it tied in together. I think its going to be a retail paradise in a few years. This will be like a newbury st entire neighborhood vs street. There are going to be mega pedestrian shopping corridors all the way from pier 4, to seaport blvd, to parcel M, and Seaport Sq. Also along the harbor walk as well which is going to be amazing. I think this will become the major upscale shopping destination of Boston which Im all for because that is something completely different than anything we have so far. We still have Assembly too, the mall in the back bay...etc, but if you want to shop outdoors this will be the spot. Pretty cool.

rOAkGeLh.png

Through the right corridor is to Parcel M

30n0I7xh.png

Corridor between Seaport sq and M parcels.

Ltj8Ch9h.png

kRNcGZ7h.jpg

qQOt6MR.png

f3IkScJh.png

Bottom 3 pics are all between M parcel and Seaport Sq.

Off to the left will be more Seaport sq. towers.

Off to the left will be the rest of Seaport sq.

Last edited:
The Seaport in 4~5 years will be AMAZING.

Certainly can't get these mid-rise offices, residences & hotels up fast enough....

Some won't like it because it's not a residential community paying homage to the North End and Beacon Hill....

But it will be the top Biotech district in the metro

And hold its spot nationally as a top Lab address.

But it will be the top Biotech district in the metro

And hold its spot nationally as a top Lab address.

There's Vertex, sure, and I know that going back 10-15 years this was part of the plan. But now that it's filling out, I haven't seen any building plans with dedicated biotech/pharma lab space. Did I miss something?

There's Vertex, sure, and I know that going back 10-15 years this was part of the plan. But now that it's filling out, I haven't seen any building plans with dedicated biotech/pharma lab space. Did I miss something?

Alexion's HQ. There are no labs, but that's big bio.

The new labs down towards the marine industrial area will be tied to this area pretty soon too.

Kendall is a whole 2 miles away as well. I would call this all the same area.

Kendall is a whole 2 miles away as well. I would call this all the same area.

A shame no one important had the foresight to spur the Red Line through the Seaport and across the Harbor to Logan, with a terminus under the Airport Hilton. Then there would have been no need for a Red-Blue Connector, or the Silver Line.

A shame no one important had the foresight to spur the Red Line through the Seaport and across the Harbor to Logan, with a terminus under the Airport Hilton. Then there would have been no need for a Red-Blue Connector, or the Silver Line.

UGH so true.

Back