Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

That seaport hall building would make a great spot for a library... just sayin. Its a temporary building.

This is a great idea. They could replace it with a multi-level high-tech library in the top few floors, and also include the innovation hall inside it on the bottom floors.

This looks amazing. Freakin' phenomenal. The seaport is going from worst to first fast.

Yea not many more engaging places your gonna find in the city than this. Swings, benches, rocks, grass, that wooden walkway up in the trees for the kids, outdoor seating, eating spaces, ice rink, tons more stuff for kids to play on, incredible greenery. The greenery, pavers, accenting is slowly making its way through the whole seaport. The hardscaping/landscaping is becoming incredible. Plus all of the little signs, inlaid plaques in the ground...all kinds of little things to look at.

Just noticed the hanging lights here as I was looking through. Jeeeesus theyre pulling out ALL the stops. Pedestrian corridors with these lights hanging above always look incredible. Just another fine detail I hadnt even noticed thats going to make this amazing.

kRNcGZ7h.jpg

Ive seen those too but never saw them light up. Are they lights or decorations?

Ive seen those too but never saw them light up. Are they lights or decorations?

As far as I can remember, they’ve been on every evening that I’ve found myself crossing through. They look nice. The trees are also have lights strung throughout.

One thing I really appreciate is the sheer volume of trees being added here. Theyre everywhere. Going to make the neighborhood more ped friendly with shade, pretty to look at, better air, and trees are just calming to look at and make it feel less dead/more alive and livable. Neighborhoods with lots of trees and much nicer overall to live/work/interact in.

One thing I really appreciate is the sheer volume of trees being added here. Theyre everywhere. Going to make the neighborhood more ped friendly with shade, pretty to look at, better air, and trees are just calming to look at and make it feel less dead/more alive and livable. Neighborhoods with lots of trees and much nicer overall to live/work/interact in.

There have even been studies suggesting that trees reduce crime! Baltimore neighborhoods with more trees have less crime, controlling for "all kinds of socioeconomic factors, including income, housing age, and owner race, plus adjusted for other variables associated with tree cover, like ruralness and population density." Obviously the devil's in the details, but cool stuff...

I must admit that it's kind of nice to see some forum members seeing the positives of the Seaport for a change now that pockets of the area have been filled in more. It's what people who have lived here have known all along. Glass stumps? Yes. But they're not cheap glass stumps and the pedestrian experience has been a focus (less areas that are still under construction).

100% agreed.

Except for 5 months of the year.

PLANT EVERGREENS.

They love medians.

RcfKnKO.jpg

Are there any evergreen trees planted in Boston? I always wished theyd do some whole streets lined with birch trees I think that would be amazing.

Birch are beautiful but are deciduous, not evergreen. Take a look at the trees planted at Encore, lots of evergreens planted there. Logan Airport, lots of evergreens there too.

Are those large rectangular stones so cars down drive into the trees?

It amazes me how much work and time it’s taking to build that median. Much more to it than I ever thought. Even the photos right above are now probably a little old, there’s been noticeable progress since then.

Edit: the photos may be the most recent after all..there’s been more progress a little further down on the same median.

Last edited:

Back