Seaport Square (Formerly McCourt Seaport Parcels)

DEBATE: Seaport or London Olympic Village; which is worse urbanism?

640px-Olympic_Village%2C_London%2C_16_April_2012_%281%29.jpg

640px-Olympic_Village%2C_London%2C_16_April_2012.jpg

Last edited:
Looks very dense along the left hand side anyways.
That's where you pass the Duchy in England.

I read an article in Sports Illustrated that said lots and lots of sex happens in the Olympic Village. I see they've constructed a large mattress for that purpose in the upper right corner.

Women weaken legs.
Send em all to Usain Bolt's room so the USA has a chance at gold.

DEBATE: Seaport or London Olympic Village; which is worse urbanism?

640px-Olympic_Village%2C_London%2C_16_April_2012_%281%29.jpg

640px-Olympic_Village%2C_London%2C_16_April_2012.jpg

Who would've thought they'd give the Soviets another Olympics after all the mess it caused in 1980?

Nice big dead wall. What is this a rendering of, a public urinal for all the drunk suburbanites stumbling out of the local area bars on the way to their cars?

That one story "Innovation Center" screams "I am Menino and I can do whatever the hell I want".

The cliche is old but it fits this situation: "Waste of Space"

Can we let Os Gemos draw up a Seaport master plan please? There's more innovation in one of their paintbrush strokes than this.

I find it funny that a few years ago everyone was saying how the Seaport would be so cool if it was a bunch of "pavilions," then we get basically what amounts to a pavilion and every one is mad because it is too small... i will never get some of the people on this board.

I find it funny how 1-2 people on this board express an opinion some time ago, then probably a different 1-2 people express a different opinion later, and then a third person always comes along and points out "everyone's" hypocrisy.

I find it funny how 1-2 people on this board express an opinion some time ago, then probably a different 1-2 people express a different opinion later, and then a third person always comes along and points out "everyone's" hypocrisy.

True. Didn't use to be this way. Things have changed. Too bad.

Between A Street, Waterside, Pier 4, and even Fan Pier, the swaths of parking lots that once felt too massive (and daunting of an undertaking) to ever one day be a built environment will soon feel a lot more hemmed in. The foot traffic is already there.

Innovation Center yesterday. Some windows have arrived, so I expect them to be installed by the end of next week.

Innovation Ctr. 11/1

Back