Six Ten @ MIT | 610 Main Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

Re: Six Ten @ MIT | 610 Main Street, Cambridge

^ Or we're stuck in a sort of equivalent of the pre-Modernist purgatory wherein architects can't discern that form would be better off following function and leaving such colors exposed? I'm waiting for some insulation Mies to do for it what he did for the steel structure.

^ Love the thought. This blandness is suffocating and needs to change.

The tower crane for the shorty and fatter building is being set up.

From Tuesday

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

Up to the 3rd sub floor level on the west side of the project. They still need to pour the foundation in the NE corner.

610 Main Str. (Phase II) 11/10

Here are a few shots from this week.

Here are some pictures from today. The foundation work is amazing

Foundation work completed. Work on sub floors progressing nicely.

610 Main Street 12/6

From yesterday:

8291835088_eeb1229e2b_b.jpg

^ the colors in the pic are great! They pop out at you. i love it!

Big changes at this site. They are dismantling the crane. I talked to one of the riggers and he said they were caping the Main Street side of the site at ground level. He did not know the reason for the caping. They will continue work on the Albany Street building.

610 Main 1/17

Beeline, thanks for your pix, Always appreciated.

From earlier in this thread:
MIT officials said that once the Pfizer building is completed in late 2013, they intend to develop a second building at 610 Main St. Together the buildings will contain about 500,000 square feet of office and lab space, along with retail stores at street level. The complex is expected to cost about $300 million.

That would suggest that MIT awaits a tenant or purpose for the second building, and will cap it at ground level until there is an above-ground design.

The design is complete. it's all about a tenant or tenants to get the ball rolling.
CD's are done and ready for permitting.

The facade is very disappointing. I'm curious as to how they'll dress the mechanical levels.

Novartis' two cranes are in the back.

What are those facade panels? The color says limestone but the unit size and application style makes me think terra cotta.

What are those facade panels? The color says limestone but the unit size and application style makes me think terra cotta.

Are there panels on this yet? There is a buff colored insulation (Mineral Fiber) but the lighter colored panels look like they could be pre-cast sized.

cca

I was referring to the lighter-colored panels on the east facade, which to me looks like the final product.

Back