Six Ten @ MIT | 610 Main Street | Cambridge - Kendall Sq

Re: Six Ten @ MIT | 610 Main Street, Cambridge

Alright you got me -- I follow whatever this little boy/fat man says:

cartman-nazi-hitler-jew-anti-semit.jpg

I've got a model for you to follow -- 3rd Generation Commie Regime:

And the winner is North Korea

I guess you could call them a Commie Kingdom

North Korea really hasn't been communist in a while, they're far more fascist than anything else. There really aren't any communist governments left with everyone else besides North Korea embracing economic liberalization.

North Korea really hasn't been communist in a while, they're far more fascist than anything else. There really aren't any communist governments left with everyone else besides North Korea embracing economic liberalization.

Of Course that's why I refered to it as the "Commie Kingdom -- they've created the Kim family dynasty -- they are closing in on the Windsors all they are missing is the Queen Mother -- this is the anathema to the Communist Manifesto

If you look closely at the North Korean economy and society -- its feudal right out of Pre-Magna Carta England

The exterior of 610 Main Street is complete and landscaping in nearly done. Also the Portland Street and Albany Street intersection was realigned.

There was work done on the former Polaroid building a few months ago. The rooftop duct work was removed and the sky lights were all painted. It still appears to be vacant.

MIT is still looking at various locations in the Kendall area for the major [kinda ironic] construction of nMass

Nano-Materials, Structures and Systems facility (nMaSS)
The planned nMaSS lab would consolidate and support the Institute’s nanoscale research activities, providing ultra-sophisticated technologies and facilitating accelerated scientific discovery.

STATUS

In design
COMPLETION DATE

THEMES AND PRIORITIES

Innovation and collaboration
Still in the early stages of planning, this new building will support materials research at the nanoscale and would accommodate top programmatic priorities expressed by the deans of the School of Science and the School of Engineering. MIT is engaged in the preliminary analysis of the programmatic and technical requirements for this advanced research facility. A site for the new building has not been selected.

This building is non-event. Hopefully stage 2 gets going soon.

Looks like they have decided to replace Building 12 with the new nMaSS Lab, pending approval by the City of Cambridge.
http://www.labdesignnews.com/news/2013/12/mit-construct-nano-lab
On a MIT website (can't remember which) they said Building 12 will be emptied by the end of spring semester 2014. The nMaSS lab is supposedly 200,000 gross sq ft, a size which appears to be a good deal larger than Building 12, or the footprint occupied by Building 12. Would MIT go higher than the adjacent 'Dome'?

Pretty sure they are moving Pfizer folks into the building over the holiday break.

On a MIT website (can't remember which) they said Building 12 will be emptied by the end of spring semester 2014. The nMaSS lab is supposedly 200,000 gross sq ft, a size which appears to be a good deal larger than Building 12, or the footprint occupied by Building 12. Would MIT go higher than the adjacent 'Dome'?

Stel -- nMaSS needs a lot of low to the ground floor area -- all of the stuff needed to build small things is big and heavy -- most of it wants its own independent foundation

When you build the typical Fab @ the 10 nm scale the equipment sits on individual piers with no contact with the surrounding floor

As to the question about building up -- not in the vicinity of the dome -- the shot of the dome from the other side of the Charles River is an iconic view -- part of MIT's brand ID

Looks like they have decided to replace Building 12 with the new nMaSS Lab, pending approval by the City of Cambridge.
http://www.labdesignnews.com/news/2013/12/mit-construct-nano-lab

BeeLine -- it looks as if you've scooped everyone on a major project

The pending approval by Cambridge is perfunctory at most -- this is an MIT Highest Priority

nMaSS will rise or sink [I suspect it will have a deep hole for some of the stuff that doesn't like vibrations] on the footprint of Bldg 12 and limited additional space surrounding it

http://whereis.mit.edu/?zoom=18&lat...=-71.09156173999993&maptype=mit&go=12&open=-1

Shit, that means my lab space in the lowrise portion of Building 24 is next.... also I should have a decent view of this from my office in 26.

I'm not sure this is good or bad news, but this white building and 600 Main Str. (to the left) have new coats of paint.

600 Main Street 2/1 (Fresh coat of paint??)

You've been deceived! It's not actually a fresh coat of paint – it's a drape of a faux exterior covering the entire facade. it's especially obvious if you look at the "wooden front door."

I guess MIT was so embarrassed by the condition of this thing that they had the FedEx Kinkos across the street make a giant vinyl tarp to cover it.

Back