South Boston Infill and Small Developments

Re: South Boston Development

And one of my favorites is this beauty. Six months ago it was a parking and shacks behind Josephy's Deli.

691 E 4th 2/2

Great update BeeLine, as always. Do you or anyone else have any information about 380 W Broadway? Can't seem to find any. Hope there is ground floor commercial/retail.

Agreed, awesome update/pics. Amazing how much residential is going up right now.

The amount of development going in South Boston is awesome. It will only underscore the need to have another super market in the neighborhood.

Thanks so much for these updates!

Did you happen to notice if that Tribune building on W Broadway is finished? Not that I had high hopes for it based on your earlier pics...

The amount of development going in South Boston is awesome. It will only underscore the need to have another super market in the neighborhood.

Foodies is now open on W Broad and Bee's Knees coming soon to Fort Point. Whole Foods will open in the next year or so(?) across the bridge in the Ink Block. Besides that, I don't see another grocer coming.. although a Trader Joes on Broadway would be awesome.

Foodies is now open on W Broad and Bee's Knees coming soon to Fort Point. Whole Foods will open in the next year or so(?) across the bridge in the Ink Block. Besides that, I don't see another grocer coming.. although a Trader Joes on Broadway would be awesome.

I forgot all about Foodies.

All this infill is proof positive that traditional Boston urbanism can still be built given the right conditions (most importantly, small parcels).

Great infill, but this isn't going to happen anywhere else in the city. Southie's the perfect storm of long term depressed land value and incredible proximity to downtown. It's cheaper than East Somerville with the location of the South End and none of the transit issues of Eastie. Oh, and it also has a beach. Developers need two pairs of pants just to walk through in case they "lose self control."

Back