South Boston Infill and Small Developments

wow thats supercool
this will certainly deserve its own thread once it gets going...

The rendering looks great and the design is as progressive as the non-profit itself. Behnisch was the architect for Harvard's cancelled science center at Barry's Corner I believe. Good to be hearing from them again.

My guess if that its very preliminary based on the following:
http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/b...anity-eyes-30m-expansion-in-south.html?page=2
But first, Artists for Humanity still has about $15 million left to fund raise for the project. She expects between $20 million and $25 million of the total cost will be paid for with private and corporate donations.

There appears to be a a substantial funding gap between the "Wish List" and reality

By the way the "Energy Positive" is totally in the eye of the beholder -- the Pru is in cooling mode even in the middle of the winter during a sunny day

Ah, the long rumored death of Cornerstone was true. Where will the MBTA employees hold their retirement parties? What are those who need to use a pay phone expected to do? Didn't see any of this addressed in the PNF!

,,,. Behnisch was the architect for Harvard's cancelled science center at Barry's Corner I believe. Good to be hearing from them again.
I believe they are still the architect. Harvard is shutting down construction on the Harvard science complex for the winter and will start again in mid-March. Most of the work over this past year has been further site work, and re-work. Behnisch has a Boston office now, and IIRC, they attended the GSA briefing on disposing of the Volpe Transportation Center.

Back