State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

A couple more pics of the Sudbury

IMG_2321.JPG

IMG_2318.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2312.JPG

IMG_2313.JPG

The lab building is going to be so ugly. I can't believe the city lets developers just do whatever.

Reactions: FK4
DEVELOPER: We're going to replace the mixed use development with a 400' long lab building the size of City Hall.
CITY: Dokay

Reactions: FK4
A park (with actual grass, not just hardscape) in that lot instead of a building and then 2 bus only lanes on the portion of Congress St that's currently shut down (eliminate all other vehicular access there) to connect with the planned middle bus lanes down the rest of Congress St would have been pretty sweet and really improved the attractiveness of the area.

Is there any work going on at the old garage at this point? The site looks very quiet in the last pic.

How much longer until the street is reopened? The street closure is still in place, when it was originally supposed to end on late August 2022.

Anyone have any guesses as to whether the top "fin" will ever be lit up?Or maybe some lighting around the cylinder on top? The area looks very different with the garage gone. Can't wait for congress st to open up.

Anyone have any guesses as to whether the top "fin" will ever be lit up?Or maybe some lighting around the cylinder on top? The area looks very different with the garage gone. Can't wait for congress st to open up.

No guesses, but I do find it odd how this is only well lit from the side facing the harbor. From every other side it's poorly visible at night, other than the sign. From Robbins Farm in Arlington it looks like the sign is floating in midair and the building itself is undefined. The fins aren't visible at all from there at night. I figured we'd have lights running all the way up and down both fins, creating a true standout, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

No guesses, but I do find it odd how this is only well lit from the side facing the harbor. From every other side it's poorly visible at night, other than the sign. From Robbins Farm in Arlington it looks like the sign is floating in midair and the building itself is undefined. The fins aren't visible at all from there at night. I figured we'd have lights running all the way up and down both fins, creating a true standout, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I can see that are still working up to the top finishing the floors, so I'm hoping they'll add some more lighting when that's complete. Probably not. I think the renders had the top lit but obv that means nothing.

Back