State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

PT1987

Reaction score
Does anybody know the official height of the Sudbury? The webpage states 480' but others have said that it's over 500'. Thanks.

ivyhedge

Reaction score
When I toured to buy, some of the glossy literature said 480ft, but their offices had a diagram that clearly said 496ft. When on the roof deck, they delightfully said "you're 500ft above the city", which I attributed to rounding.

In all seriousness, one of the units I reviewed was "over 465ft above street level", and that declaration was curious because it left little room for other characteristics above. I suspect they were measuring to the structural height of the gap above the unit's ceiling because I know there are functional components above the ceiling, then the roof and its decking, and finally the parapet surrounding the rooftop amenities (the shell structure is rather high). Perhaps they were rounding then, too.

Does anybody know the official height of the Sudbury? The webpage states 480' but others have said that it's over 500'. Thanks.

DZH22

Reaction score
How many times do we have to keep posting this exact same diagram? Clearly the 480' is the same bs we always get, to the "highest occupiable floor" which doesn't even include the ceiling of that level, let alone the mech above. It's probably about 530' to the top since it's built on a hill and tough to tell where the bottom measurement would be taken from.

1623172031482.png

Then to make it relevant to the fact this is the State Street specific thread...

1623172153565.png

DZH22

Reaction score
The CTBUH says 519 ft.
They took the diagram I posted above literally, subtracting the 27.52 base away from the 547.33 top to get 519.81. As we continue to hammer home, nobody is sure if the 27.52 is the absolute lowest level of the base, or if it slopes down further on one of the sides. It's a slightly unclear diagram in that respect. Official height measures from the lowest point to the highest point, and the lowest point isn't clear here. We know it's a MINIMUM of 519.81' but could very well be higher.

PT1987

Reaction score
While we are on the subject of height, is there a final accurate figure for Bullfinch One Congress, both to the top of the actual building structure as well as to the top of the higher fin? Sorry if this has already been discussed but too lazy to go through the hundreds if not thousands of prior posts. Thanks.

393b40

Reaction score
So... with the floating cranes, how do they disassemble those? Usually the crane slowly disassembles itself back to the point where a smaller crane can then handle the rest of the disassembling work and put the cab and few remaining tower pieces on a truck.

My only thought is helicopter?