State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Does anyone know how much garage demo if at all is needed? It kind of looks like the bottom few floors just butt up to the side of the existing garage, then the garage actually extends into the bottom floors of the tower to make up for some lost space. Then once up to the roof it widens out to its full width with the columns inside the garage the rest of the way up. It seems that theyre just going to cut out holes in the garage for the columns and to allow cars to park in the base of the tower. If so it should move faster, no?

These have been scattered throughout I believe the thread before the 2 projects were separated, so gettin em in 1 spot before I delete them. Its u/c so no more are coming, so heres 1 last look at the sight lines before it takes off. This along with all the bulfinch towers are seriously filling in the other half of the skyline.

Theres going to be 4 substantial towers to the left of this picture not even shown...plus the 2 longfellow towers already there. Also the office tower doesnt look fat from the side.

That's amazing, it looks like it was never even there. Can't wait for the construction phase!

not reusable, but surely recyclable, no?

Does anyone know what happens to old concrete? Can it be ground down and reused in new concrete or does it all just go to landfill?

In some circumstances, it can be milled on-site and mixed with bentonite to create slurry. Unless I’m mistaken, they’re doing this on the Winthrop Center jobsite.

^^ That's right, we just had this discussion in that thread. :oops:

^^
wit; ✓ :lol:
informative; somewhat :idea:
snarky; ✓ :eek: :shock:
link; inaccurate, wrong project :confused:
effort; ✓ :wink:
grade; incomplete :evil:

^^
wit; ✓ :lol:
informative; somewhat :idea:
snarky; ✓ :eek: :shock:
link; inaccurate, wrong project :confused:
effort; ✓ :wink:
grade; incomplete :evil:

Well played, sir.

Though I think he meant that you can see One Congress in the background of that live camera shot... a bit far and it hasn't risen above the surrounding buildings yet so that cam isn't going to be really helpful for another few months probably, but check back then.

to answer the question - the drum ramp is gone, but there's little to no visible demolition going on on the outside.

Well played, sir.

Though I think he meant that you can see One Congress in the background of that live camera shot... a bit far and it hasn't risen above the surrounding buildings yet so that cam isn't going to be really helpful for another few months probably, but check back then.

Correct...

...but/and the zoom function at the bottom of the page works really well on the website.

And more importantly: the only demo work that will be done on One Congress for the next 2 months is the "partial demolition of the 10th and 11th floors above the garage," {see the photo of the 'Site Information Sheet' up-post that BeeLine helpfully posted}…

...which is the EXACT site-line view that the Hub-on-Causeway Oxblue camera offers.

Lastly, to Odurandina: as a History teacher/professor for the last 20 years, your use of semi-colons in the place of colons is a bit problematic, and your failure to look closely at the evidence (e.g., the web-site provided), before smugly dismissing that evidence, is doubly so.

Last edited:

Back