State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

I was curious if they are taking down the actual garage over the street- they are not yet, its just the office part. There are cars still in that part of the garage

Yes, critical centerpiece for the "insta-skyline" that has developed north of Government Center.

1 International Place, 2 International Place, 111 Huntington...

lol...I knew I’d regret that...international are not glass, and Huntington is too short to stand out/make an impact.

lol...I knew I’d regret that...international are not glass, and Huntington is too short to stand out/make an impact.

111 Huntington is still the city's 10th tallest. It just happens to be wedged between the 2nd and 3rd tallest. It's only a little shorter than this one, which gains a lot of its height from the taller fin at the top. I'm actually very curious how large this one ends up, since early diagrams showed it could easily be over 620' but latest FAA only has the highest point at 601' (other points 573' and 4 at 557').

1609456575074.png

^From this angle, it really looks like the downtown skyline has a lot of gaps. Obviously Winthrop Center will kinda plug a hole as would SST. The opposite angle from Eastie/Logan across the harbor always presents a much "denser" filled out skyline.

View attachment 9204

^From this angle, it really looks like the downtown skyline has a lot of gaps. Obviously Winthrop Center will kinda plug a hole as would SST. The opposite angle from Eastie/Logan across the harbor always presents a much "denser" filled out skyline.
You know when you think about it, Boston really is a city that has all these different angles and perspectives. Yea to fully notice it you have to be fairly familiar with its profile. But Houston, ATL, LA, and many more look fairly similar from any angle. Boston between it’s T shaped skyline, curved water ways and coast is constantly changing its profile. There are almost no straight lines and forget about North east west south. Even the Hancock looks way different from Mass Ave in Central Sq.

In three years** or so when One Congress, SST and Winthrop are finished, it will really have a remarkable impact on the extension and depth of the skyline. This building in particular, at night, is a fantastic addition and frankly an aesthetic I never expected to see in this city. Other than 121 Seaport, which is only just similar in shape, this building is so unique and will stand out spectacularly.

Someone said that this building is too wide for its height, but looking at the framing, it doesn't have much of a footprint. In this case an increase in height of about 1/3 would have helped with the proportions.

Enjoying it vicariously through our fabulous ArchBos photo team -- haven't seen it for real yet

Everyone should take advantage of the Big 3 projects for the next 2 years {State Street, Winthrop and South Station] in no particular order
Given the way that the demand for office space has totally cratered [less than 10% current occupancy and 5M sq ft subleasing or trying to sublease] -- it may be a decade or more until we see a proposal for another major tower [office-type]

On the otherhand if you have a bio-manufacturing site that could be up and running in 2022 or even 2023 you can write your own ticket.

Back