State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

From Twitter again.

20210212_104606.jpg

Surprised they're getting so many drone shots. The fact that they're posting it publicly likely means they keep getting FAA approvals, which is impressive, honestly.

Well slightly less flights these days.
Could also be that the developer and perhaps State Street want the drone pix as a part of PR for the project -- these folks have both deep pockets and deep connections and can probably get what they want from the FAA in the matter of drone flights

It doesn't take much imagination to see how much better the streetscape will be after the hulking garage is gone. The drone pic really underscores that observation.

Internal cranes like this always fascinate me - I've yet to see how they are dismantled. I've heard that derricks are assembled and take them down, but still, can't imagine how those things are then disassembled by hand. Hopefully one of us are down there when they're finally being disassembled.

Breaking news! First piece of glass is up. Unfortunately it was too dark to see it well, and it's jammed up against the garage. I think things are going to start looking quite flashy very soon.

IMG_6836 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6840 by David Z, on Flickr

These next 2 angles are going to be epic once this thing is done.

IMG_6828 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6829 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6842 by David Z, on Flickr

2/25 from Symmes Arlington. You can see the core between the Custom House and Alcott. Unfortunately this will probably block at least half of the Custom House visible from here, if not more. That's the price of progress, but it's also the toughest building to "lose" from a view.

IMG_6807 by David Z, on Flickr

Does anybody know if the parking lot across the street from this building is owned by a developer? I feel like it is the perfect spot for a tall, skinny residential tower.

Site is apparently contaminated from a previous gas station. There are filings with the city to maintain the variance that allows it to be a parking lot on a regular cadence. I'd check those.

Back