State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

I think that all of the towers at the new World Trade Center have one. And so will T2 when construction starts on it. I'm surprised that the crown for this tower hasn't been put up yet. :)

Last edited:
This morning

51406355493_5a2d1b6e64_b.jpg

51406355408_46b2bd0dda_b.jpg

I think that all of the towers at the new World Trade Center have one. And so will T2 when construction starts on it. I'm surprised that the crown for this tower hasn't been put up yet. :)

It appears to be being constructed right now gauging by Beelines last pics.

I grabbed some screens from a video that actually shows the structure of the crown really well. This is the only one Ive seen that shows the actual inner structure in detail.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
One Congress and 325 Main in Cambridge have both used a temporary rooftop derrick to disassemble the tower cranes. I don’t recall that technique being used much in Boston recently.

Not to be that guy, but I don't see how this thing WON'T be 700ft tall in the end.

Not to be that guy, but I don't see how this thing WON'T be 700ft tall in the end.

with a 600' height at the tallest habitable floor (i think that's right; i'm sure others will correct me, if not), i could see the northern fin reaching over 650', but i think 700' is (sadly) unlikely.

I guess that answers my question about how they plan to disassemble those cranes. I was thinking helicopter.

I'm not convinced that the tip will be anything other than the 601' listed in the FAA documents. I can't see this possibly going higher than ~635' but even that is a longshot.

The taller fin was absolutely modified. I think at one point the height was 648'. Im trying to find it but I think they cut it down nearly 50'.

The taller fin was absolutely modified. I think at one point the height was 648'. Im trying to find it but I think they cut it down nearly 50'.

However, at the site itself it still has a poster of the render with the taller fin intact. Really a staggering amount of confusion surrounding this, and many other Boston projects.

However, at the site itself it still has a poster of the render with the taller fin intact. Really a staggering amount of confusion surrounding this, and many other Boston projects.
You're absolutely right.

Back