State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

52177323090_d29bc40ee1_b.jpg
IMG_7739[/url] by Bos Beeline, on Flickr
That’ll buff out…

What in the Sam Hill caused that?!! 😱 😱😱

Last edited:
Also reminds me of THIS mishap that occurred on the 64th floor at the Freedom Tower in New York!! There was no fire though. 😱
Scaffold mishap at Freedom Tower!.jpg

Last edited:
What in the Sam Hill caused that?!! 😱 😱😱

I am probably not taking into consideration all the factors, but would bringing in a wrecking ball to demo the remainder of the garage alleviate the structural integrity issues in the MBTA tunnels, or make them worse? We cannot have months of disrupted rapid transit in the CBD, it is literally hampering the entire city's economy.

I am probably not taking into consideration all the factors, but would bringing in a wrecking ball to demo the remainder of the garage alleviate the structural integrity issues in the MBTA tunnels, or make them worse? We cannot have months of disrupted rapid transit in the CBD, it is literally hampering the entire city's economy.

I'd venture to guess it would potentially worsen the situation. The original shutdown a few months ago was because of the sheer impact of the falling structure on top of the century-old tunnel. While intentional wrecking-ball demo would slower and more calculated than the incident, there'd still be a good amount of impulse hitting the ground above the tunnel, as opposed to the current method of cutting/hammering into pieces and lifting out.

I think the T is going to absolutely play it safe here with the FTA's magnifying glass on everything, and they have precedent on this project to do so.

I can take a picture from NH and it will be completely hidden, along with all of Boston.

I can take a picture from NH and it will be completely hidden, along with all of Boston.

From South Uncanoonuc, Goffstown NH. It's just a few miles west of Manchester. Pretty sure you can barely make out the cranes, as this is from last October. Boston is also visible from Monadnock, but this was a clearer view (especially in person).

IMG_4411 by David Z, on Flickr

Back