State Street HQ | One Congress | Bulfinch Crossing | West End

Everyone here is overanalyzing this. Some random facilities guy is having fun with the LED controller because it's a new toy in the new building. Some horrified branding person will issue them an SOP at some point.

Also, pretending one is the world's prestige expert is just as much a sign of insecurity, if not more so, as being blissfully wowed by colors in the sky.

"I daresay, good sir, you certainly wouldn't see this type of silliness in New York City. I find such grotesque signage to be immensely tacky. Could I pardon you to pass the Grey Poupon?"

Yeah, there are no bright lights or big colorful signs on any NYC highrises... :rolleyes:

Man, you are gonna absolutely lose your shit when someone heps you to the whole "talking pictures" phenomenon .

Last edited:
Everyone here is overanalyzing this. Some random facilities guy is having fun with the LED controller because it's a new toy in the new building. Some horrified branding person will issue them an SOP at some point.

Also, pretending one is the world's prestige expert is just as much a sign of insecurity, if not more so, as being blissfully wowed by colors in the sky.
Akin this to a toddler: Oh loooooook, I have this super shiny new toy, I am going to play with this forever!

By toddler, I actually mean me, I'd totally be programming those lights for every minor holiday and reason I could find until I got bored. That said: would always be lit up green in honor of Evacuation Day till the end of time.

20240117_100608.jpg

This project as a whole must have some crazy balance sheet.... HYM's taste for risk is probably gonna drop a bit for a while.

Idk, large projects have teething issues. The lawyers will have fun pouring over the construction docs and specs, but, meh, seems pretty routine in the end. Funny no mention of the multiple fires during construction and who got blamed for those.

Which doesn’t bode well for next phases…
I'd think the garage removal was the really big cost here. I'd think one complete that would incentivize HYM to recoup costs and build what that can.

Idk, large projects have teething issues. The lawyers will have fun pouring over the construction docs and specs, but, meh, seems pretty routine in the end. Funny no mention of the multiple fires during construction and who got blamed for those.
They should have just timed the plumbing issues and fires to be more concurrent so they extinguished each other. Opportunity for cost efficiencies next time!

I'd think the garage removal was the really big cost here. I'd think one complete that would incentivize HYM to recoup costs and build what that can.
Ome question I have is how safe and slow the construction of that building is going to have to be. It'll be near the tunnels again...

I wasn't commenting on what was next, I was discussing why the east parcel plan was originally 3 buildings but is now only 1.
The residential building is on the west parcel.

Back