T photo of the day

The silverline courthouse station looks nice, but I've never seen a pic with anyone in it. Hopefully, with more people will use it once Fan Pier starts up.

The SL waterfront had an active morning rush crowd Monday. I'd like to hear the latest stats. Ridership is surely growing and will skyrocket with Phase III and more development.

A nice view of the new SS headhouse, from flickr. (I find them pretty funky!)

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=133846440&size=l
photo_zoom.gne

That headhouse looks kind of bland to me. They should have artists draw something for those panels.

Bowdoin Station: Sert's little gem (at least the exterior).

Quincy Adams: I have a little soft spot for this enormous monstrosity. Does anyone know what firm designed this?

Courthouse Station:

courthousestation-m.jpg

A much-higher res version is currently my desktop picture.

Unterbau, I'm a fan of Quincy Adams too.

Here's it's sibling, Quincy Center:

quincy_cntr_t_0.jpg

2006 Longfellow bridge
2005boston.jpg
2005boston2.jpg
fisheyeboston05-3.jpg
I might have posted this one before
kendallSq2005.jpg
iceflowboston2006.jpg
under the longfellow
underthelongfellow2005-1.jpg
cartoon
cartoon06longfellow.jpg
underthelongfellow22005.jpg

That is an unfortunately ugly station. Same goes for Lowell. We just don't care anymore.

The clocktower = way more of an effort than usual?

^I don't know... I saw a rendering of the proposed New Bedford station and it's pretty impressive. It's slated to cost nearly $100 Million and have mixed use (office/retail) as well as intermodal capabilities (bus and ferry connections). Whether it gets built is another story, but the render is very nice (far better than I expected).

Related, check out the story and some of the photos in the latest blog entry on Greater City: Providence about the station woes there: http://www.gcpvd.org/ . Talk about ugly.

good link ^! I love reading about other cities developments and this is the first providence one i have found.

That is an unfortunately ugly station. Same goes for Lowell. We just don't care anymore.
you should see the rest of the building its so ugly I did'nt care to photograph it,Fitchburg at one time had a nice station with a clock tower,so maybe thats why the new station has a clock

Back