The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Re: Longfellow Place (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

Alcott is a little too close to "all cut" for my tastes. How about The Loma in a nod to the street? Not great but slightly better than saying "I live at the ALL CUT?"

rtfm:

The project has been identified in the popular nomenclature as "the Garden Garage" for quite a few years now. Does anyone besides aB old timers and a few West Enders really use the name, "Longfellow Place?" Give it a proper burial and move on.

Great pictures! I really like how you got the shot right into the hole so we can see whats going on.

How long until this thing starts going vertical? Great addition to the city.. the cluster of West End/Causeway Street will be very nice once this completes! Hopefully a few more 400-600fters come after this one is finished to the West End.

-Sorry that this might be a juvenile question but this tower is the only one I am confused about when it will start going tall-

Disagree. The address should be good enough. We don't need thread titles cluttered with old marketing names.

Not sure who's got the helm around here these days...

We've historically stated "née __former name(s)___" on numerous other threads, so I suggested it mainly out of convention; I don't dispute your point about reducing clutter.

This is for a Mod(s) to decide.

I think I started the née convention, mostly because I have a terrible memory and it helped me keep track of projects. But to be honest, it was always pretty clunky and I wouldn't blame the new mod team for moving away from it.

This is such a seemingly massive project. With respect to the scope of other builds around the city, I realize it is unlikely to engender the same sentiment of "ooh!" and "ahh!" as others: but when I cycle past it each morning I look into that pit and utter a "whoa...".

^ not sure about the girth of the tower itself but the hole looks absolutely massive

Aren't they putting parking underground with a park on top, then the tower only takes up a smaller portion of the site?

Aren't they putting parking underground with a park on top, then the tower only takes up a smaller portion of the site?

Yes.

The née convention is helpful

rtfm:

The project has been identified in the popular nomenclature as "the Garden Garage" for quite a few years now. Does anyone besides aB old timers and a few West Enders really use the name, "Longfellow Place?" Give it a proper burial and move on.

Renamed. Our new forum software and project database to come will handle thread/building naming better.

Also, photo just now from S&F Concrete:

https://www.facebook.com/SFConcrete/photos/a.10152335505051517/10156391183951517/?type=3&theater

67890006_10156391183956517_2365838599917666304_n.jpg

There's something to be said about the irony of naming luxury housing for a self-reliant transcendentalist family.

Back