The Alcott (née Garden Garage Towers) | 35 Lomasney Way | West End

I was once in the Stata building for a meeting on the top floor in that silvery, pointy bit and it was like being inside a funhouse mirror. The walls were at weird angles, windows were really high as was the ceiling. It seemed like such a waste of space.

Last edited:
view with caution: looking at that building (above) may stimulate an aneurysm

Last edited:
I was once in the Stata building for a meeting on the top floor in that silvery, pointy bit and it was like being inside a funhouse mirror. The walls were at weird angles, windows were really high as was the ceiling. It seemed like such a waste of space.
Czervik -- the tour with Frank was really strange --the highlights were all sort of what happens when you connect a 3D printer to an EKG of someone in REM sleep
I did like the idea of actual blackboards to write on and some plywood walls amenable to attaching things semi-permanently without massive planning being required.

A couple of diverse inside views

this one is fairly standard
ray-and-maria-stata-center-at-massachusetts-institute-of-technology-by-architect-frank-o-gehry-the-300-million-430000-square-foot-project-was-comp-P65X7H.jpg
Bldg_20_time_capsule.jpg

4848268326_a2603533ee_b.jpg
800px-Stata_Center-20050310-3.jpg
seen-is-one-of-the-areas-inside-the-stata-center-on-the-massachusetts-picture-id588136188

Boston -- great close-up work

I'm counting about 15 floors have already been or are in the process of being poured -- that's just about 1/3 of the height of the occupied floors
This is the kind of project which could be exempt [perhaps in a limited way] from the construction ban in Boston -- perhaps allow any work to proceed where there are no external permanent walls limiting "fresh air"

The shot with the last tenement is a powerful and surreal shot. Thanks Beeline!

Back