13658801755_328d7dc460_b.jpg

13658798625_f44c676987_b.jpg

I completely forgot to upload these from a couple weeks ago:

Awesome corner living room overlooking Huntington:
DSC07463_zps82f3cc8b.jpg

DSC07465_zps2221e065.jpg

Tiny little HVAC diffuser for tiny little single bedrooms:
DSC07466_zps96d95f31.jpg

The spaces inside are so tight and awkward that those were the only interior pictures I ended up taking as it was impossible to really get a view of anything else. Just look at the plan and you can clearly see how all the angles make for very awkward spaces.

Exterior (older, of course):
DSC07468_zpsed21bb7c.jpg

DSC07469_zpsb5f143e4.jpg

DSC07470_zpsd1e838df.jpg

DSC07471_zps63ce83af.jpg

Oh, I did not expect those glassed corners... they don't fit in with the rest of the building at all IMO...

That glass really clashes with the rest of the facade- those green panels in particular. What a pity.

kz, datadyne, thank you as always for your pictures.

Well this has turned out much crappier than I imagined.

Agreed. All you have to do is look to the building at left, Wentworth's 555 Huntington, to see how much the state of architecture has slipped in the last 10 years.

14047682416_a646e80551_b.jpg

I was giving an architectural tour (tours actually) this weekend to some of the best architects in the country and had the misfortune of having to walk by this one when taking them from MassArt to the MFA. This thing misses on so many accounts.

No one was fooled by the patinaed copper colored paint. It just did not work.

cca

Apparently Beacon Architectural Assoc. was asked to "take the design vocabulary of Triple 5 and 'modernize' it" for this building. I nearly fell off my chair in amazement upon hearing this. Really? THAT's what this is supposed to be?

I would rather them just clone Triple 5.

To be honest, I hadn't a clue that the sea green color was supposed to look like weathered copper! But you're saying that it is?

To be honest, I hadn't a clue that the sea green color was supposed to look like weathered copper! But you're saying that it is?

Yes. Wentworth is obsessed with patinaed copper, as Wentworth Hall has a copper roof - ergo, they must must must use it in all construction... *rolls eyes*

The design is about par course for them...

LG-IMAGE-2.1.jpg

real copper...............................................................^

LG-IMAGE-3.1.jpg

Yes. Wentworth is obsessed with patinaed copper, as Wentworth Hall has a copper roof - ergo, they must must must use it in all construction... *rolls eyes*

Not to be argumentative, but since the window frames are the patinaed (my spell check is going crazy) copper color, I just assumed that the greenish color was just that, a greenish color. Copper window frames can't be all that common, are they?

Meh. This is no worse than any other unfortunate spawn of Modernism. It's an ungainly box made of awkwardly slapped together, cheap materials. Same as almost anything else being built in the world today. For that matter, in NYC at any moment there are about 100 major projects that are infinitely uglier than this. See: Kaufman, Gene, and be glad you live in Boston.

I was giving an architectural tour (tours actually) this weekend to some of the best architects in the country.

I'm sorry.

Hmph, the completed glass curtain walls actually help pull this building together.

.....I like it.

[especially the corner on the west side]

Back