The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn' go so far as to say "bring it back" when the building is completed.

As an aside, turning onto Clarendon from Beacon and looking south is now reminiscent of a major New York City Avenue.

I've always thought of the Back Bay (this part anyway) as Boston's Midtown.

Re-enforced concrete is a slower process than using steel. In addition to the time it takes concrete to harden, there is also a curing process that must be allowed before additional floors can be added.

As an aside, turning onto Clarendon from Beacon and looking south is now reminiscent of a major New York City Avenue.

This shot doesn't show it the best, but I definitely agree:

img6911iu5.jpg

Friday fotos:

img7388li1.jpg

img7392mo7.jpg

img7394xs0.jpg

img7395yz1.jpg

img7396yw6.jpg

img7401wl2.jpg

img7402rd6.jpg

img7403br7.jpg

The west wing has one more floor to go

img7383qw6.jpg

:: Not a shill::

For those who love this building so much they want to live in it, don't forget; the first fourteen floors will be rentals and the higher 15(?) will be condos. I'm not sure what you get in the way of building amenities, if you're a renter. There will be a spa and restaurant on site, but I don't know if the renters get full benefits.

So, the only thing between you and living here is a hefty, hefty paycheck. Condo prices are in the $1,300+ per square foot range. No word on apartment prices, but I assume $2,000 or $3,000 would get you a studio?

Making a first appearance on the skyline! Apologies for the awful photo quality.

clarendonpt3.jpg

When should we expect to see the facade going up on this thing?

When should we expect to see the facade going up on this thing?
Look again. Get right up close to your screen. In several of the photos above you can see the facade--it's the gray limestone and gray brick covering up the gray concrete. Like a big gray Oreo with a delicious blue insulation filling.

^ Yes and you can also see glass in picures number 4 and 5 of mine above..

Yesterday, a couple more of the Midtown Manhattan-like Clarendon canyon:

img7829vy0.jpg

img7831dt2.jpg

And as I got closer, I saw this fool yakking on a cell phone and gawking at the building, and it turned out to be Briv! So we walked around, yakked it up and checked out a bunch of other construction projects... good times.

Anyway, brick is starting to go up. The weather at this point was rubbish: heavy cloud cover and a light rain, so excuse the poor photo.

img7848ht3.jpg

looking at the rendering poster, i say wow! they're going to put a park out front too!

No, I think the rederning is deceptive. The building will come out to the curb, on Stuart Street. That greenery you see in the left-hand corner is actually across the street, the old John Hancock building (currently swathed in scaffolding, actually).

There is greenery there, but it's about the width of a blade of grass.

I walk by this site every day an am amazed at how quickly it seems to be coming together. I noticed this morning that the lowest level has its windows installed already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back