The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is shaping up to be interesting. Can't wait to see the Rendering vs. Reality.

Looking good so far, can't wait to see the finished result. Anyone know just about how many stories are left to be built?

Same location, street-level, same building, to the left, as far as I know.

Correct. I believe the post office will take up a large portion of the first 2 floors.

Correct. I believe the post office will take up a large portion of the first 2 floors.

Hopefully not too much of the ground floor... otherwise there's no opportunity for retail interaction on the street.

Post offices downtown are generally crowded most of the day if your all worried about streetlife

Too bad NIMBYS protest so much about height. They should have made building the building with more of a setback from the street and add a few stories.

thanks for the pics, have not been to back bay in a long time.

Berkeley and Clarendon Streets must now be a traffic nightmare, from what I remember any double parker on Clarendon or Berkely would create backups a couple blocks long.

Hopefully not too much of the ground floor... otherwise there's no opportunity for retail interaction on the street.

Looks like the USPS takes up about 1/4 of the first floor. With a 1/4 being retail another 1/4 being restaurant, and the remainder being the renter lobby. Although one corner had no label, but looks like it is connected to the PO space. So USPS may take up a full half of the first floor.

The USPS takes up a little over half of the 2nd floor, with a restaurant taking up the northern 3rd of the floor. Units begin on the 3rd floor...

Columbus Center, Tower I (now known as "the Clarendon") under construction

ClarendonCrane.jpg

Bos77, great photo! Don't stop taking pictures.

It's become very noticeable from the S.E. expressway as well. I don't condone taking pictures while commuting (which is why I haven't posted any) but I'm sure someone will risk it all to satisfy our craving (ehem, toby or kz?)

I've ridden twice on the S.E. expressway in the four years I've been here, and never was I the driver. In other words--don't look at me.

It's become very noticeable from the S.E. expressway as well. I don't condone taking pictures while commuting (which is why I haven't posted any) but I'm sure someone will risk it all to satisfy our craving (ehem, toby or kz?)
90% of my pix's are while I,m driveing!
023.jpg

Sorry kz, for some reason I thought you had done something along those lines before.

Boston02124, nice work. thank you for that. I should have assumed you would do it.

The Hancock will lose some of it's singular appeal from the south when(if) the Clarendon, Columbus Center and Copley Square towers are all completed around it.

I think part of what makes the Hancock so special is how it rises above everything so spectacularly. If the Hancock was on State Street, shoulder to shoulder with the Financial District Towers, I wonder if it would have the same appeal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back