The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ya I guess it just was very hard to notice from that angle too. I can't wait to see this building at it's full height.

10-02-08 today on the pike
033.jpg

I so rarely drive the pike, but I went thru here about 2 weeks ago and wanted to take this picture. Thanks for posting.

I had no idea how predominant this building would be on this approach.

Since I now have a couple jobs in CT, I'll be able to check this out more often, and I'll try to remember my camera.

I so rarely drive the pike, but I went thru here about 2 weeks ago and wanted to take this picture. Thanks for posting.

I had no idea how predominant this building would be on this approach.

Since I now have a couple jobs in CT, I'll be able to check this out more often, and I'll try to remember my camera.

and if Columbus Center gets built... :rolleyes:

My ride from Norteastern to the BRA
xxxxxhullseagull20086320443.jpg
xxxxxhullseagull20086320446.jpg

xxxxxhullseagull20086320445.jpg
xxxxxhullseagull20086320448.jpg

xxxxxhullseagull2008632044444.jpg
xxxxxhullseagull20086320449.jpg

xxxxxhullseagull200863204500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the building(s) next to the pru in the first pic of the model?

^Really, It looks like an older version of South Station tower.

It is an old version of the South Station tower!
032.jpg

Last edited:
I notice the BRA preemptively has already torn down the SC&L building.

Their agenda is always so clear right off the bat, but they still go through the torturous meeting process that sustains the need for their existence and payroll.

Those models by the way are a gigantic waste of taxpayer money. Vote yes on 1!

^ Looks like they are also allowing the Arlington St. church to get torn down..... ;)

Zoomed in:
DSC_5768cu.jpg

Its place in the skyline (I tuned down the saturation of the other buildings so it would stick out more)
DSC_5769ds.jpg

^How do the facade materials look up close and in person? Anything like the renderings, or cheap?

I haven't been by in about a month and a half, but the materials are pretty good. My one main gripe is that the window frames look like cheap aluminum crap. Otherwise, I like the brownish pre-aged look to the brickwork, and the limestone blocks, while being a bit too white-grey (a warmer yellow hue would've been preferable), are alright; I'm waiting for the first two floors to be clad to get a better idea of how the limestone will look.

That was always an exit-only (no entrance) to Back Bay station. Looks like construction has temporarily blocked it off?

So here's a question -- why build in concrete, with open corners (see pictures 4 & 5 above) and then brick it up and close the corners that could be glazed? Stupid. This is why I don't like Stern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back