The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an awesome shot, the second picture.

That is really shaping up nicely. Good shot too, did you desaturate it?

That shot with the YWCA is interesting?looks like a stack of brown boxes heaped upon one another?.

Looks nice though

Great pictures. I like how they massed this building. Either this or 45 Province are my favorite new buildings. Although W Hotel is a close favorite too. These three are just great additions to Boston in my opinion. They are all in the 30 story range which is a cool coincidence lol

I see the topping off tree on the top I think? are they done or is the crown yet to be buil
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg
t?

Today from So. Boston,nice to see the old Pine St Inn tower returned to the skyline after being used as a bill board for so many years!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-7.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-8.jpg

I just started working in the John Hancock Tower last Thursday, so I've been able to see the Clarendon a lot. I was surprised by the quality of materials being used...it looks really classy, and much better than I anticipated. Here's a couple quick snaps I took this morning...sorry bout the quality, I wanted to get out of the cold and I carrying Dunkin Donuts stuff:
Clarendon2.jpg

Clarendon.jpg

Despite liking the way The Clarendon is progressing--it looks much more handsome in person than in the renderings--I prefer views of the Hancock Tower when it stood alone, especially when looking toward its narrow sides.

I'm going to modify my fawning. I see what Stern was trying to do with the base, and I agree with it, but I am not fully convinced by the pictures just above of the execution of this idea. (I'll say no more, let you all look at it more carefully, and then come to your own conclusions.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos! It is funny how a small bit of lower portion "stone" cladding relates to the old Hancock, Liberty Mutual and Salada Tea Building, but the rest is brick more like the YWCA and University Club. I could do without all the the "brick", but it is a nice building regardless!

I have to agree. I walked by today and the quality of the materials used really stands out. Pictures on their way.

12/30

DSCN0745.jpg

sorry...i have a habit of shakin the camera abit when i take pictures. nice to contribute though. You can also see fan pier and the W hotel in the background

It's funny that those 4 projects are in a straight line. Fan Pier sure did shoot up quickly.

This looks like they're building the Hancock from the top down. Cool shot.

Going through the whole New Development section, I love it when KZ updates all of the pictures. Pic and Pedal on, dude.

This building fits this city like a glove. It manages to be wholly deferential without being unoriginal or uninspired. It already looks like it always belonged there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back