The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I don't understand is this angle:

img4549mq6.jpg

Why does the Clarendon step down rather than matching the roofline of the rest of the street?

I would imagine it has to do with some kind of variance requirement relating to its height.

What czsz said, or it could just be aesthetics. Its design will be identical to the first five stories of the Clarendon St. wing (same limestone and window rhythm), so I'm guessing it's a half-ass nod to classical symmetry by Stern.

I wish the tallest section had another 3-5 floors purely for aesthetics. Maybe tapered a bit at the top

Why does the Clarendon step down rather than matching the roofline of the rest of the street?

Also recall that the original plans had the low rise at the corner of Clarendon and Stuart St. Perhaps the thinking was to lower the scale at the corner. The building layout then suddenly changed and flip flopped with the high rise portion now at the corner. Some on this forum speculated that the change occured to appease nearby condo owners concerned about views. I agree, ideally, the low rise portions could be a bit higher too.

I'm gonna have to agree with the 3-5 more storeys on the high set back portion. It's a bit out of proportion to the lower wider section.

It's funny when this came into our office, I was all excited about doing something with height in Boston. But, now seeing how dwarfed it is by big John....it's a little disappointing. Still a pretty decent building.

It's nice to envision what that view will look like once(if ever, I should say), Columbus Center gets off the ground and the Copley Place tower. Dense and architecturally diverse. Nice!

Need a nymph or two, though. But yeah, especially the lighting!

Or just my dirty windshield!^ Thanks I seem to get some of my best pictures,or the most comments when they're taking while I'm driving! Then again(seconds before)?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfishtanks09025.jpg

If Boston02124 stops posting here I think we will be able to safely assume he died in a car crash while taking pictures.

^lol! I laugh for over 5 mins. Don't jink me,I now have to put my eyes back on the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back