The Clarendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^Yeah I think we discussed about it once with the other rendering provided.

From 1/1

IMG_0102.jpg

The developers decided to tack on this glass section to make the building taller.

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

You mean the "crown"? I thought it was an elegant way to cover up the HVAC and mechanics.

Is that what's hiding under there? I'm impressed that they were able to get Pei to work on a mechanicals shed.

Doods, if you read his caption again, I think it's pretty clear he meant the Hancock tower.

The developers decided to tack on this glass section to make the building taller.

IMG_1358.jpg

I actually love the way the Clarendon is framing the Hancock in this shot. It looks as if the Hancock is growing out of it. Probably one of the best moments the building has to offer.

Was up in the Clarendon, last Tuesday. The units are nice and you get great views. The fixtures and appliances are nice and the common areas pristine and comfortable.

There are three penthouses, as you may know; these are floor-thru units at the very top below the mechanicals / lighting. They are ~3,545 square feet of space, private elevator access, separate service elevator, 360-degree views. The lowest-level penthouse gets a private terrace - the entire space above the rest of the building. Nice.

Prices are $6.75 mil, $7.75 mil, and $8 mil, or something around there.

I have a friend who lives in a subsidized unit in the Clarendon. It's a studio, but it's really nice. I'm assuming it's much more stripped down than the other units. I think he pays $550 a month, or around that price.

Is the Penthouse unit with the terrace is the most expensive?

One penthouse gets that entire roof area? WTF?

I have a friend who lives in a subsidized unit in the Clarendon. It's a studio, but it's really nice. I'm assuming it's much more stripped down than the other units. I think he pays $550 a month, or around that price.

Is the Penthouse unit with the terrace is the most expensive?

$550 a month? Really? How do I apply so I can live off-campus there?

^I would also sign up and move to Boston for this $550 a month studio. Is there an income restriction for subsidized housing? I had assumed that the whole building was market-rate.

I don't know if there are any more affordable units available. There are income limitations.

One of the affordable units will be for sale. From the BRA website:
- - - - - -
1. Up to 100% of Median Income
Maximum Household Income: $63,150.00 for one person, $72,150.00 for two people
Studio: 1 Unit
Price: Studio/$196,300
- - - - - -
I assume you'd be competing with a lot of people for the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back