The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

^———— Ah, look everybody! The jelly armchair sociologist is back with more valuable forum contributions.

Maybe you can trade in your ad hominems at a place more befitting such an attitude? I hear City-Data devolves into childishness often, why not give there a try?

^———— Ah, look everybody! The jelly armchair sociologist is back with more valuable forum contributions.

Maybe you can trade in your ad hominems at a place more befitting such an attitude? I hear City-Data devolves into childishness often, why not give there a try?

ROFL he thinks I still work in Finance.

KentXie is a privileged red sjw. the WORST kind. He professes morality and rails against capitalism but trades money for a living.

Sorry little man but I've left Finance a long time ago and am a full fledged SJW now.

Btw, I grew up in the Section 8 housing in Charlestown just in case you want to know exactly how much more privileged I am compared to you Mr. Brookline.

Btw, I grew up in the Section 8 housing in Charlestown just in case you want to know exactly how much more privileged I am compared to you Mr. Brookline.

Hey, I also grew up in "the Projects", in a public housing complex in North Cambridge. Good to know there are some on here.

ROFL he thinks I still work in Finance.

Sorry little man but I've left Finance a long time ago and am a full fledged SJW now.

You were probably my tenant and now still pay me your rent.

DZ,

wowee! where the hell is the hill where you got these clean air shots?

^ Looks like Arlington. In the bottom pic I can just see a sliver of one of the fresh pond apartment towers in Alewife.

You were probably my tenant and now still pay me your rent.

Nah the place I stay at isn't a dumpster fire so I know I'm not a tenant of yours. Anyways, if you still want to try to let your insecurity out on me, create a thread in the General forum so people can stay on topic here.

DZ,

wowee! where the hell is the hill where you got these clean air shots?

Stick and Czervik got it right. The most recent ones are from Robbins Farm, where I have been going since I was 1 years old back in the early 1980's.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/R...8f82f6dc6ed7373!8m2!3d42.4135877!4d-71.175667

I very recently discovered Hattie Symmes Park, where the old Symmes Hospital was and is now the site of the 360 Apartments. Both locations are in Arlington so the angles are relatively similar, but just different enough. The most noticeable differences are that 111 Huntington is completely hidden from Robbins Farm, and the Hancock is exclusively showing the thin side from Robbins Farm.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...9773c663cfc65e!8m2!3d42.4234526!4d-71.1618141

To those throughout the past 3 years who said the residential tower
was unequivocally, definitively gonna be crap......

Do you still think so?

i love the Garden's new look. Causeway St looks great.
We have a bit history getting an upgrade with the bldgs on the Wharf block,
w/ Converse, cleaned look at the water's edge, the Greenway Zakim Bridge
& North End: The whole area looks fantastic.

I am starting to feel that the podium to the left of the garden entrance has a really classy vibe to it. I am still withholding final judgement, but it seems to exude that '20s stateliness that I love.

The first time I saw this canopy, I immediately thought of the old Maple Leaf Gardens. The juxtaposition to the new Garden has given me pause a number of times.

Do you still think so?

i love the Garden's new look. Causeway St looks great.
We have a bit history getting an upgrade with the bldgs on the Wharf block,
w/ Converse, cleaned look at the water's edge, the Greenway Zakim Bridge
& North End: The whole area looks fantastic.

Im not in the said it was crap camp, but I did say they definitely could have designed this better and done it instead of the office tower or ideally had done both. I have warmed up to the office tower now that the base... above the base.. the base of the tower is redesigned.

See left of office tower

Vs this... yikes
xGKik6Ih.jpg

But from angles that matter this looks fine

As far as the res it was either redesigned slightly or more likely the renders are just much lighter than reality. They saved it by outlining the floors between the colossal order pattern in black and the glass is a much darker blue than rendered. Imo that made it look a good amount better.

Do you still think so?

No. So far, it's turned out a lot better than I anticipated. Still not thrilled about the office tower though.

But to your point, Causeway looks a lot better. I actually find myself walking down the Hub side of the street regularly now and they still haven't filled the retail spaces. Not something I ever did while the wall/parking lot were in place. We've beaten the O'Neil thing to death, but that does really need to go. I can't wait until they open up the walkway that takes you to Avalon though. That should be an excellent corridor.

Back