The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

DAVE

Reaction score
Does that bike lane cross Washington Street over to Commercial Street? I can't tell if the street view on google maps is up to date but it doesn't look very well connected (aka dangerous).

stefal

Reaction score
Is anyone able to confirm if this was in fact intentional? It's been like this for a while, so the odds it gets fixed are seeming lower as time passes. Once it was pointed out I haven't stopped noticing it and its going to drive me nuts if it stays like this.

1574039744980.png

#bancars

Reaction score
Does that bike lane cross Washington Street over to Commercial Street? I can't tell if the street view on google maps is up to date but it doesn't look very well connected (aka dangerous).
No, it doesn't (or at least it didn't as of the last time I biked that intersection in late September).

It's a huge missing link between the 2-way separated cycletracks on Causeway and Commercial Streets.

odurandina

Reaction score
i believe it was intentional.
Lousy call imo.
What's that "plywood looking" sheet about 2/3 they way up?

odurandina

Reaction score

Lrfox

Reaction score
No, it doesn't (or at least it didn't as of the last time I biked that intersection in late September).

It's a huge missing link between the 2-way separated cycletracks on Causeway and Commercial Streets.
Right. And the small section of bikepath in front of Portal Park is functionally useless as pedestrians just use it as an extended sidewalk.

Hub on Causeway apartment tower one-quarter leased ahead of November opening
It’s been five months since the 38-story tower near North Station and TD Garden started leasing its 440 units

By Tom Acitelli Nov 6, 2019, 9:44am EST
Is this good? To me it feels low relative to what I think I remember from some other large rental properties in the area. The article doesn't really compare it to any similar examples.

CSTH

Reaction score
Right. And the small section of bikepath in front of Portal Park is functionally useless as pedestrians just use it as an extended sidewalk.
I think the idea is that it connects via the walkway under the N Wash bridge (currently out of service of course). But agreed on the de facto sidewalk.

dshoost88

Reaction score
Is this good? To me it feels low relative to what I think I remember from some other large rental properties in the area. The article doesn't really compare it to any similar examples.
I think real estate developers' pro formas (the cash flow spreadsheet they prepare for new buildings) typically account for 15-18 months from completion of a new construction multi-family property like this before it reaches ~90% occupancy (considered full occupancy more or less). To be a quarter leased after 5 months with all the other construction happening at Hub on Causeway? I think that's pretty decent.

The good news for prospective renters citywide is that if the apartments rent much more slowly, they'll likely throw in 1, 2 or even 3 months off rent to lure tenants. And if that doesn't lure people in, then a price adjustment down would take place... I highly doubt this will happen, though.

Gunner02

Reaction score
Looks like thats the alcotts crane poking up there in between the sudbury and hub residential tower. Thats about where it should be. From this angle its going to fill in right in the center of the skyline gap. Awesome.
And then just wait until One Congress... It'll be continuous across from most harbor viewpoints.

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
Eaxactky ^. The O'Neill and the Longfellow Towers are ugly in my opinion, but the new development masks and offsets them really well. Even from the ground on Causeway Street, the O"Neill kind of blends in with the streetwall created by the new development, to an extent at least. It doesn't stick out like a sore thumb now.

guitarguynboston

Reaction score
Is the office building already topped off?

Not that this development isn't great or anything but right now it looks like they should have went another 25 to 50ft taller on the residential. It would have made a nice little peak with the office and Avalon on each side.

DZH22

Reaction score
No its not topped off yet, it will be taller than the residential.
Have you changed your tune on the office tower? I remember you in particular saying that this building would ruin the skyline, be a major eyesore, etc. The more I am seeing of it I actually thing it's bleeping awesome, and going to easily be the best of the 4 buildings in this cluster (including Garden Garage Tower). The cladding looks really good.