The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Charlie_mta

Reaction score
The lighting really helps the Verizon building to look pretty damn good at night.

chrisbrat

Reaction score
agreed. nighttime lighting is huge.

i think it's telling, though, that while both benefit from lighting, the much older and in no way architecturally interesting/innovative/significant td garden looks way better at night than the verizon file cabinet.

HenryAlan

Reaction score
The lighting really helps the Verizon building to look pretty damn good at night.
It does, and I think the viewing angle is more flattering than some, too. The narrow side of the podium just looks like part of the tower, making the whole thing look taller.

Nibbles O’Plenty

Reaction score
Am I the only one that actually likes the office building? 🤔 Yes…would be nice if even a bit taller…but I think it is quite unique and interesting…for Boston.

stick n move

Reaction score
Im a fan. The area definitely needs some shorter buildings stepping down towards the water though creating some density and layering to the new neighborhood. Itd be great if it got something a tad taller too nearby, preferably with a spire.. Thaat probably wont happen though, but some shorter rowes/lovejoy style buildings out in front would definitely be nice and go a long way.

They definitely dropped the ball shrinking the hub res tower down to the same roof height as everything else. Plateaus just exascerbate boring architecture, whereas avg buildings with varied roof heights blend in well to the rest of the city. Its definitely in kind of an awkward phase right now, but hey its all brand new.

king_vibe

Reaction score
What are the odds of ever getting a Volpe-type deal at the enormous O’Neill Federal Building on Causeway?

BosDevelop

Reaction score
great photos, DZH22.

does anyone know if there is a time limit on how long banners such as hub50house can remain on buildings?
I have asked this before and no one seemed to know. Regardless, this one has been up way too long. If it were up to me, I would give developers a maximum of 6 months from the issuance of a certicicate of occupancy to leave enormous banners like this displayed. It has easily been well over a year for this one.

A Chicagoan

Reaction score
I have asked this before and no one seemed to know. Regardless, this one has been up way too long. If it were up to me, I would give developers a maximum of 6 months from the issuance of a certicicate of occupancy to leave enormous banners like this displayed. It has easily been well over a year for this one.
I remember first seeing it in November 2020. I hope it gets taken down soon, the tower looked much better without it.

Rhino

Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on what Verizon's plans are with this space? This article is the only one I've ever been able to find that provided more detail/insight into their plans, but a lot has changed since then (including them announcing that Oath was essentially worthless and killing the brand a couple weeks after this article came out).
https://www.verizon.com/about/news/...chnology-based-workspace-bostons-hub-causeway