The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

Am I the only one that actually likes the office building? 🤔 Yes…would be nice if even a bit taller…but I think it is quite unique and interesting…for Boston.

Im a fan. The area definitely needs some shorter buildings stepping down towards the water though creating some density and layering to the new neighborhood. Itd be great if it got something a tad taller too nearby, preferably with a spire.. Thaat probably wont happen though, but some shorter rowes/lovejoy style buildings out in front would definitely be nice and go a long way.

They definitely dropped the ball shrinking the hub res tower down to the same roof height as everything else. Plateaus just exascerbate boring architecture, whereas avg buildings with varied roof heights blend in well to the rest of the city. Its definitely in kind of an awkward phase right now, but hey its all brand new.

Am I the only one that actually likes the office building? 🤔 Yes…would be nice if even a bit taller…but I think it is quite unique and interesting…for Boston.
You are not. It's like an industrial building sent vertical and it's a great contrast to the glass boxes that have become the norm.

2/12 from Charlestown:

IMG_20220212_091831044_HDR.jpg

What are the odds of ever getting a Volpe-type deal at the enormous O’Neill Federal Building on Causeway?

great photos, DZH22.

does anyone know if there is a time limit on how long banners such as hub50house can remain on buildings?

I have asked this before and no one seemed to know. Regardless, this one has been up way too long. If it were up to me, I would give developers a maximum of 6 months from the issuance of a certicicate of occupancy to leave enormous banners like this displayed. It has easily been well over a year for this one.

I have asked this before and no one seemed to know. Regardless, this one has been up way too long. If it were up to me, I would give developers a maximum of 6 months from the issuance of a certicicate of occupancy to leave enormous banners like this displayed. It has easily been well over a year for this one.
I remember first seeing it in November 2020. I hope it gets taken down soon, the tower looked much better without it.

Does anyone have an update on what Verizon's plans are with this space? This article is the only one I've ever been able to find that provided more detail/insight into their plans, but a lot has changed since then (including them announcing that Oath was essentially worthless and killing the brand a couple weeks after this article came out).
https://www.verizon.com/about/news/...chnology-based-workspace-bostons-hub-causeway

Well, they're offering a free month on vacant apartments provided immediate move-in, so I'd imagine the banner will go once X% occupancy is reached?

Back