The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

BRA.jpg

^ Yeah i wish...unfortunately that's the taller now-obsolete design of the residential tower (the other towers are different too). We're stuck with an uglier stump now.

I really appreciated the proportions of that older version of the residential tower. It would have looked great there.

^ Yeah i wish...unfortunately that's the taller now-obsolete design of the residential tower (the other towers are different too). We're stuck with an uglier stump now.

I really appreciated the proportions of that older version of the residential tower. It would have looked great there.

The government center garage project massing looks out of whack too.

The government center garage project massing looks out of whack too.

It is that is from before the Pelli office tower design was revealed. Plus the residential tower massing and office tower massing blend together in that picture.

Does anyone know when this thing is going to get off the ground?

posted from Winter Garden thread....
...BP does some fantastic work. Atlantic Wharf being example number 1. The hub at Causeway has the potential to spectacular for that area. Their Kendall projects and the back bay station redo are pretty daring. Some people may not like their design work but they do high quality class A work....

Yes. Overall, i'm looking forward to 3 500'ers joining Avalon and filling in the upward slope from Cambridge Yards and Somerville.

Does anyone know how the phasing on this is going to work? I remember a hotel is already signed on? Once the base is complete will we see the residential and hotel towers immediately going up as well?

Does anyone know how the phasing on this is going to work? I remember a hotel is already signed on? Once the base is complete will we see the residential and hotel towers immediately going up as well?

My recollection is that they were moving forward with the residential tower and hotel, but the office tower is on hold until a tenant is secured.

Phase 1 is just the lowrise podium. Phase 2 is the residential and hotel towers although it is assumed those will be built starting immediately after the podium with no break in construction. Phase 3 is the office tower which will be built as soon as they secure a major tenant.

I have my fingers crossed the residential gets redesigned 1 more time. Too much clashing going on. The office tower I think is perfectly fine.

Phase 1 is just the lowrise podium. Phase 2 is the residential and hotel towers although it is assumed those will be built starting immediately after the podium with no break in construction. Phase 3 is the office tower which will be built as soon as they secure a major tenant.

What do they mean by "podium"?

Back