The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

This worked out perfect with the Bruins now going to game 7. Its almost like how cities wrap up their new amazing sports arenas and then the Olympics are held right after. Its perfect timing that right as this is wrapping up is when we hold game 7 of the stanley cup finals. Its never happened before that its in Boston. Now the garden, hub, and surrounding area is going to be broadcast to the world stage. No better grand opening than that. Its worked out perfect.

Am I the only one that gets a little giddy when I log in and see a ton of updates from Beeline?

The trees on top of the hotel look ridiculous IMO. Roof gardens are fine, but this one just sticks out like a sore thumb saying "I shouldn't be here"

I haven't seen the trees in question (I did live in a highrise with a rooftop garden which included some fairly large trees), but having seen many buildings with exposed rooftop mechanicals, I know which I'd prefer seeing.

Rooms at under $150 a night if you book far enough ahead, thats pretty good for Boston...

Oh great now I'm getting citizenM ads on Archboston...

I wonder, though, if those are still mitigated, soft-opening prices until the noise and rumbling of the office tower construction finishes.

The construction is probably not conducted on weekends and these guys don't work overnight, so the times people will be in their rooms will be quiet.

Even if they have an aggressive schedule, sleepy time should be ok.

There is a supertall going up catty-corner to my apartment building and the heavy work is done 7am-4pm, but they have a variance to work to 11pm, but it is about 20% of the usual daytime staff. Not so bad, just the occasional drone of the external construction elevators.

I wonder, though, if those are still mitigated, soft-opening prices until the noise and rumbling of the office tower construction finishes.

I think you need to do some research on what the citizenM brand is and how big the rooms are. The prices are on the high end for rooms the size of walk-in closets.

I think you need to do some research on what the citizenM brand is and how big the rooms are. The prices are on the high end for rooms the size of walk-in closets.

I've stayed in two of them. It's my preferred option nowadays when staying in NYC, but I've stayed in one, one time in Paris too. Prices are relative to the city, which is what the discussion was, given there is not another in the city to compare to.

Last edited:

Back