The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

yes and no. The North End may be right there but most people going through the Food Hall will either be catching a train at North Station, Going to a game/concert, or be on a quick lunch break where going to the North End is just unrealistic for them. I think it's the food options show some of Boston's best so far for what this food hall represents.

I just looked at the list again, and while I still don't think it's as good as what Timeout offers, it's definitely not as bad as I originally thought. My issue was the redundancy with North End venues (which really are pretty convenient for most Bulfinch area workers). I also have a hard time getting enthusiastic about overpriced deli, roast beef, burger/dog joints, a second North Station pizza place (along with a bunch of others just across Causeway), another Mike's, etc. I wish there were more Asian options (Bao, dumplings, sushi, noodles, ramen, etc.) which the area is sorely lacking. But it's a big win for the area and it looks pretty good overall. I certainly wouldn't call it a showcase of Boston's best, though.

I'm with you on this. Somewhat disappointed with the vendors, but I hope that over time that changes. Still, hard to argue it's not a win for the area.

Subjective. I see the vendor list as more interesting than Time Out's, which doesn't suit me at all.

October 29, 2019 "The Hub on Causeway - Residential, a 320,000 square foot property comprised of 440 residential units ...is part of a 1.3 million square foot, mixed-use development project that includes multi-level retail, restaurants and amenities. The project also includes a podium of creative office space that is 91% leased (including retail) and a 632,000 square foot office tower that is 87% pre-leased and will deliver in 2021."

And come on you whiners - quit telling us how much you like dumplings and show us what the place looks like!

It seems like this one will be way more affordably priced than Time Out. Seemed to me like most Time Out options were $23-27 each

Whoa that's crazy expensive for a food hall. Food from food halls is like $10-15 in DC/Baltimore and they are usually pretty fancy and hipster-y. I guess I'll have to check it out when I visit lol. That's a LOT for fast-casual style.

Whoa that's crazy expensive for a food hall. Food from food halls is like $10-15 in DC/Baltimore and they are usually pretty fancy and hipster-y. I guess I'll have to check it out when I visit lol. That's a LOT for fast-casual style.

Timeout is closer to what you're describing here than $23-27. It's definitely pricier than an average cafeteria or food hall/market, but it's never pretended to be otherwise with outposts from the chefs at Craigie on Main, O Ya, Saltie Girl, Tasting Counter, Tico, etc. (many of whom are James Beard award winners). Still most things remain under $20 with most sandwiches and lunch offerings in the $10-15 range. The Globe has a price list. Not every day lunch for me, but definitely a treat yo'self type lunch and an opportunity to try, literally, some of Boston's best at a lower price point than you'd find at the respective sit-down restaurants. Hub Hall is decidedly a different market, but it doesn't mean it couldn't benefit from more variety (not all noodles, dumplings, or sushi need to be from the team at O Ya). Still, I'll take what we're getting and like it.

I went to the Michael Schlow's and I swear I paid $23 and I didnt pick the most expensive one on purpose. Even according to the Globe article you sited a craigie burger with no add ons and a fry is $21. Its real steep there

I went to the Michael Schlow's and I swear I paid $23 and I didnt pick the most expensive one on purpose. Even according to the Globe article you sited a craigie burger with no add ons and a fry is $21. Its real steep there

I'm not saying you didn't pay that much, nor am I saying none of it is overpriced. There are plenty of items there that are that much or more expensive. I'm just saying that for the most part, you don't need to pay that much to eat there. Most items fall between $10-15. I've been three times and the most I've paid is $16 (for a bento bowl). I've also had dumplings for $8 and a chicken sandwich for $13. The Craigie Burger is definitely overpriced - it's Boston's "most famous burger" from Tony Maws. Both he and Michael Schlow are James Beard Award winners and the market is intended to be a showcase for Boston's best chefs. You can certainly spend a lot if you want, but you don't have to.

Still no idea whats going on with the residential tower's top cut-out? Is it structurally less sound than expected or something?

Still no idea whats going on with the residential tower's top cut-out? Is it structurally less sound than expected or something?

Renders show the cut-out as a terrace, so I don't think anything is amiss here.

Does that bike lane cross Washington Street over to Commercial Street? I can't tell if the street view on google maps is up to date but it doesn't look very well connected (aka dangerous).

Is anyone able to confirm if this was in fact intentional? It's been like this for a while, so the odds it gets fixed are seeming lower as time passes. Once it was pointed out I haven't stopped noticing it and its going to drive me nuts if it stays like this.

1574039744980.png

Back