The Hub on Causeway (née TD Garden Towers) | 80 Causeway Street | West End

73B434F7-3E79-48DE-8E9C-9AE800FCE1ED.jpeg

Alamo Drafthouse has a similar concept to Arclight from what I understand. I believe theyre in bankruptcy, but the reorg type, not the close forever type. Maybe an opportunity?
Sounds like the opportunity they sought was in the Seaport. Which is great, but still begs the question on prospects for Arclight's space. I really hope a movie theater makes it into the space here.

Sounds like the opportunity they sought was in the Seaport. Which is great, but still begs the question on prospects for Arclight's space. I really hope a movie theater makes it into the space here.
Me too! Was a nice place to see a movie. Even the popcorn was wicked good.

Yes, while I'm excited we are getting an Alamo Drafthouse in Boston, that location in the Seaport is not as good as the former Arclight location. I would assume there was a bidding war for them between the two developers--but being on two T lines is so much better than being in the transit desert of the Seaport

Yes, while I'm excited we are getting an Alamo Drafthouse in Boston, that location in the Seaport is not as good as the former Arclight location. I would assume there was a bidding war for them between the two developers--but being on two T lines is so much better than being in the transit desert of the Seaport

There's a Silver Line station right there and its walking distance to South Station... can we stop pretending that having to walk a few blocks makes a place a "transit desert". People in Boston are so fucking lazy sometimes.

That particular part of the Seaport is very transit/walking friendly, and exactly where we want things like movie theaters and bowling alleys. But North Station is also a great location, so hopefully another group will get in on what is essentially a turnkey movie house.

Back