The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

If so, I picture "Mr. Kensington" as a shabbily dressed fellow with poor eyesight.

What's wrong with 1PO??

To me, the biggest travesty in this city has always been 1 Beacon. How dare that hideous fatty get the
number one spot for the best road in this country.

^Amen to that comment! Hideous fatty with a gargantuan brick diet!

Yup, that heffalump must have been designed by a chubby chaser.

Not to get too off the topic of the tread but i agree that neither one beacon or one p.o. square are swell, but I think one beacon is slightly less homly overall. One p.o. square's window sizes are mismatched, it has those clumsy overhangs and an above ground parking garage attached to boot.

Yesterday:

8291817014_d570fd0f05_b.jpg

8291815774_a707ff557e_b.jpg

8291808218_86a4f09077_b.jpg

at least the side facing the common is inconspicuous and blends right in.

A veritable Dakota North!

I couldnt believe it but as i was driving down stuart st today i expected this thing to be heinous but it actually makes a nice impact on the skyline and brings the downtown skyline much closer to the back bay. Driving down stuart street before you felt like the skyline was far away but now it looks like its right there. As i drove around a bunch of other parts it really doesnt stick out a lot but it blends in pretty well and actually fills in the area really nicely i neverrrr would have thought that. I never drove by the dreaded garage though so I cant speak on that.

I don't understand this forum sometimes. We whine one week because there's a dearth of housing opportunities downtown. Then we whine some more with every update somebody shares on the status of the infill housing project solving that problem. Then like so many projects before it, upon Kensington's completion we'll see the finished product and whine about the whiners who said every week this project would turn out worse than it actually does.

A couple forum members have asked me in the past why I've only made a few hundred posts on here since I've been a member for so many years. The answer's not that I lurk here infrequently (quite the contrary, actually); it's because I try to keep my mouth shut until I have something constructive to add to the conversation. Some of you should try it out.

same with me thats why i felt the need to post that

A couple forum members have asked me in the past why I've only made a few hundred posts on here since I've been a member for so many years. The answer's not that I lurk here infrequently (quite the contrary, actually); it's because I try to keep my mouth shut until I have something constructive to add to the conversation. Some of you should try it out.

That's a false choice. We can't critique architecture on an architecture board?
No one is complaining about added density, infill, residential, etc. The complaints revolve around poor (and cheap) material choices. You'll notice those complaints didn't rule the Russia Wharf thread (as an example). That is an attractive development in which you can tell Boston Properties spent money on the design. Kensington is trending in the opposite direction.

I don't understand this forum sometimes. We whine one week because there's a dearth of housing opportunities downtown. Then we whine some more with every update somebody shares on the status of the infill housing project solving that problem. Then like so many projects before it, upon Kensington's completion we'll see the finished product and whine about the whiners who said every week this project would turn out worse than it actually does.

I still think it looks as bad as I thought weeks ago. In fact, I think the building looked the best when it only had the core at its final height.

Architectural criticism sucks!

Across the river yesterday

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2955.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

Final Jeopardy:

"To critique someone else's criticism."

What is _________?

Please fill in the blank, because this needs a word. This board can get credit when it's added to the Oxford dictionary.

Back