The Kensington | 665 Washington Street | Downtown

Re: Residences at Kensington

Honesly, it has multi-dimensions, somewhat cool glass, and a more pleasing ripple effect than the stupid Bleakman tower with actually fitting into its surroundings.

Mission Accomplished.

Honesly, it has multi-dimensions, somewhat cool glass, and a more pleasing ripple effect than the stupid Bleakman tower with actually fitting into its surroundings.

Mission Accomplished.

Then you take a look at the other side of the building and you barf.

The only thing that really makes me barf is the paneling on the garage section

I think the glass portion here is the worst part about it. The light precast might be boring as hell but its not offensive. Boston doesnt have too many light colored buildings

The glass portion wouldn't have been bad if the entire building was glass or blended in with a different material. What we have here now looks like two different buildings sliced in half and then glued into each other. It doesn't mix well.

Ill wait till its done for final judgement but so far i like the precast better just because it blends in

The glass portion wouldn't have been bad if the entire building was glass or blended in with a different material. What we have here now looks like two different buildings sliced in half and then glued into each other. It doesn't mix well.

Exactly. The architect is trying to create the optical illusion that there is more than one building in order to disguise the building's clumsy shape. Archstone tried the same thing across the street. For comparison, see a clumsy uncamoflaged shape courtesy of Stern at 222 Berkeley St.

Exactly. The architect is trying to create the optical illusion that there is more than one building in order to disguise the building's clumsy shape. Archstone tried the same thing across the street. For comparison, see a clumsy uncamoflaged shape courtesy of Stern at 222 Berkeley St.

Problem is the architect only camouflaged half the tumor sticking out the backside of this tower. The whole tower is precast except for that one side, including the base that is underneath it.

Problem is the architect only camouflaged half the tumor sticking out the backside of this tower. The whole tower is precast except for that one side, including the base that is underneath it.

And once Jacob Wirth's parking lot is built out, who will see the 'tumor'?

45Stuart.jpg

This building is yet another awkward Boston stump. Seems to be all we get here. Same goes for Liberty Mutual. What is wrong that Boston cannot be building elegant slim towers like other cities?

Because apparently entire blocks covered in shadows is preferable to slim ones on the Common.

Big bushy shadows on the Common however, are greatly desired. So much so that expensive tree grafting has been incorporated to ensure it's preservation.....

I was right by this building last night and it did not seem too bad. It teams up with MP3 (and the existing MP/Archstone) to create a nice new little canyon down Washington St. I'm starting to think that when it's done this will be generally inoffensive and decent filler. It won't be quite the disaster we are all making it out to be.

Because apparently entire blocks covered in shadows is preferable to slim ones on the Common.

Big bushy shadows on the Common however, are greatly desired. So much so that expensive tree grafting has been incorporated to ensure it's preservation.....

But trees provide SHADE!

lol

Back