The New Retail Thread

In a forum about architecture, calling Chicago a "city that doesn't matter" is never wise.

I believe Houston just surpassed New York City as the largest exporter in the nation.

Of course, thats largely possible because Houston is, after all, a port. So it doesn't even really belong on a list of landlocked cities. Neither does Chicago, for that matter, being right on the Great Lakes.

The First 'Chipotle-Style' Pizza Shop Cooking Up 90-Second Pies Opens in the Financial District

Crush-Pizza.jpg

107 State St

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2013/...hop-with-90-second-pies-opens-downtown-today/

They have something similar here in Atlanta. If you've been to Subway, then you'll know what to expect.

They have something similar here in Atlanta. If you've been to Subway, then you'll know what to expect.

If it's on par with Subway then I would expect poor quality and microwaves.

I'll give it a shot though.

Mass -- if it's like the ones in London -- it's a cut above Subway although Jetlag might influence my opinion

In particular -- with some sort of hierarchy of value:
coffee
pastries
fresh fruit
good quality cold sandwiches

The subway comment is rather ridiculous. These pizzas are cooked fresh in a 900F pizza oven.

Sorry if I misled by my Subway comment, I should have been more specific by adding that, like Subway or similiar places, all the different types of toppings are there behind a counter and you tell the person which ones you'd like on your pizza. It was all about the procedure when you arrive and put in an order. No microwaves, they do bake the pizza in an oven and they're suprisingly good.

Sorry if I misled by my Subway comment, I should have been more specific by adding that, like Subway or similiar places, all the different types of toppings are there behind a counter and you tell the person which ones you'd like on your pizza. It was all about the procedure when you arrive and put in an order. No microwaves, they do bake the pizza in an oven and they're suprisingly good.

Yeah I think most (all?) Subways got rid of their microwaves years ago and replaced them with those ovens (convection?) that heat things up pretty hot in 20-30 seconds.

Did I already mention that a Walgreens has been announced for across the street from the CVS at Essex and Washington?

The McDonalds on Mass Ave in Central Square is either being renovated or replaced by something else altogether. Complete overhaul inside and out. Ideally the existing one story would have been demolished for a 15 floor residential tower with retail on the ground. Lost opportunity.

McDonald's closed in Davis Square at the end of October. This was the second time they closed one in Davis. They also closed in Porter Square a few years ago (it's now a Panera). Are they gradually exiting the Boston area entirely?

I don't know when this happened, but apparently the Dunkin Donuts / Baskin Robbins in Kendall moved two doors over (from one side of Firebrand Saints to the other) and is, sadly, now just a Dunkin Donuts...

Back