The New Retail Thread

Oh good. The prime location in Coolidge Corner that has sat empty for over 18 months will be used again.

It sat vacant because of capitol one, they've had the lease almost the entire time. For whatever reason they didn't do anything all this time, but unlike a small retailer it doesn't matter because they don't need to make money off their storefronts to survive.

I went to a Paul location in Prague earlier this year for a bit of a light lunch, and was pretty impressed with the quality of the food for a reasonable price. It was in Prague so prices on most items were generally cheaper than the rest of the Eurozone, but I think it will be a great addition.

Been to the one in Miami on Lincoln rd...this will be a welcome addition to the neighborhood.

Oh good. The prime location in Coolidge Corner that has sat empty for over 18 months will be used again.

It sat vacant because of capitol one, they've had the lease almost the entire time. For whatever reason they didn't do anything all this time, but unlike a small retailer it doesn't matter because they don't need to make money off their storefronts to survive.

Should be noted that they've actually been sitting on this lease since at least October of 2010, which will make well over three years of tumbleweeds if they open in early 2014 as advertised. Part of me wants them never to sell Java No. 1 out of spite, and the other part of me realizes it'll be empty for another one-third of a decade if they decide to fold their tent after all this wait.

South End to be invaded by "chain" restaurant.

From Eater.com

The rumor has been floating around for awhile now, but a source close to the deal told Eater that the lease was signed last week — Barcelona Wine Bar will expand its local presence to the South End, taking over the former Sibling Rivalry space. A Barcelona rep confirms the news and says that the opening could be "later next year but timing may change." No staffing has been determined at this time.

The tapas chain currently has nine locations, most of which are in Connecticut. The first Massachusetts location opened last January in Brookline's Washington Square, in the former American Craft space. In March, it snapped up three stars out of four from the Globe's James Reed, who called it "a top-notch addition to the neighborhood." The Brookline's executive chef, Steven Brand, was previously the executive chef at UpStairs on the Square.

The heart of Barcelona Wine Bar's menu is the tapas section, which includes selections like fluke a la plancha with salsa verde, chorizo & sweet-sour figs, Manchego risotto with shaved white Alba truffles, and toasted lobster-infused noodles. There are also large-format sharing options available, priced per person, including suckling pig, various paellas, and mixed grills. The beverage program focuses heavily on Spanish wines and sherries.

The Tremont St. space has been empty since early April, when nine-year-old Sibling Rivalry closed suddenly. The neighborhood is also home to a couple other popular tapas spots, each just over a half-mile away — Toro and Estragon.

http://boston.eater.com/archives/20...r-is-headed-for-the-sibling-rivalry-space.php

Is "fast fashion" like fast food -- clothing made to order on the spot, while you wait?

Oh man, an ESPN Zone right there would be saweeeeet!

Kiton has supposedly been looking for something in Boston.

Interesting. BTW, whatever happened to the proposed Prada boutique that was suppose to open way back when the Mandarin Oriental opened in it's shopping arcade?

I noticed today they tore the facade off the first two floors of the Darth vader building on Boylston, the interior appears to be getting a gut job too. Any ideas what's going on?

Interesting. BTW, whatever happened to the proposed Prada boutique that was suppose to open way back when the Mandarin Oriental opened in it's shopping arcade?

I think it was put on hold(Boston lingo for smothered with a pillow) during the recession. Their plans for the Mandarin called for an 'epicenter' store, which was probably a bit ambitious at least at the time. Prada is another brand that Boston should have and could support but on a smaller scale than what was talked about then.

I noticed today they tore the facade off the first two floors of the Darth vader building on Boylston, the interior appears to be getting a gut job too. Any ideas what's going on?

Yes.

It should be complete before the next marathon.

Foot Locker DTX will have its grand reopening on Friday according to signs on their doors.

Great news! I've had to shop at the other 6 shoe stores on Washington Street in the meantime.

Foot Locker DTX will have its grand reopening on Friday according to signs on their doors.

I am amazed that people buy things at stores like Foot Locker. 9 times out of 10, you can find their products cheaper on the internet often without tax and with free shipping. And if you are concerned with proper sizing, try them on in the store and find the right size and then conduct your internet search. Then again, maybe the target Foot Locker customer doesn't care about saving $10-$15. I'm all for buying in stores to support the local economy but not when I can save a substantial amount of money.

Back