The New Retail Thread

Or a larger Trader Joe's to replace the cramped tiny one a few blocks away.

Didn't get a photo but Unleashed by Petco is opening in the former 7-Eleven space on Washington street South End (cathedral area not mass ave one). It's a great choice for the area but I thought there'd be something better going in there than a pet store.

Didn't get a photo but Unleashed by Petco is opening in the former 7-Eleven space on Washington street South End (cathedral area not mass ave one). It's a great choice for the area but I thought there'd be something better going in there than a pet store.

There's definitely a big market for pet stuff in the South End.

I like the Unleashed format, and so does Brussels my Westie

6a00e54fc42bb8883401539247970f970b-400wi

We think that Unleashed is one of the few good examples of a big box reformatting for an urban space.

I like the Unleashed format, and so does Brussels my Westie

6a00e54fc42bb8883401539247970f970b-400wi

We think that Unleashed is one of the few good examples of a big box reformatting for an urban space.

Omg congrats sir. You just won the internet for a few days. So freaking cute.

Herald reports that the Gap Outlet may be going into the old FYE/Strawberries space on Washington St. in Downtown Crossing. http://bostonherald.com/business/business_markets/2014/05/gap_filled_in_downtown

Also some interesting other tidbits in the article. Anyone else find it perfectly frustrating that the entity who owns the now 8 year vacant Barnes & Noble space is called Commonwealth HOLDING. The mayor needs to put some pressure on Mr. Posner to crap or get off the can. 8 years is absurd for such a large, highly visible space. There better be something announced with that space before the tower across the street is complete. /end rant.

There was a gap outlet in the Corner Mall down the street from here for many years in 90s.

It looks like Tiffany's will be opening a store where Chanel used to be in the Taj.

Bonapita opened a couple weeks ago in a former chapel next to my office on Franklin St. Delicious fresh baked pita bread and really nice Mediterranean flavor combinations. They stand on the sidewalk on Franklin giving out entire pieces of bread as samples. Nothing is fried either. I had the chicken a la plancha & coworker had the mint & dill meatball. There are 4 options (2 meat, 2 veggie) then you pick fill it (pita), plate it (on a plate), or mix it (salad). Go try it! 49 Franklin St.

The architecture inside is awesome too.

The Starbucks on Comm Ave / 'Green district' is well on its way.

The end of Allston is nigh!

Whoa, what?? This is the first I've heard about it, but googling real quick I see Mount Vernon made an announcement back on April 4th. Sheeeeeeeiit.

Sam Park's "The Point" in Littleton off 119/495 still seems slated to begin opening this fall, though Park admits the project is behind schedule. Market Basket should be first up. I think the only other more-or-less confirmed tenants right now are Hilton (hotel on the highway side of the project), a Tavern in the Square, and an Orange Leaf. Seems like the restaurant/grocery side of things will be shored up more quickly than the retail/theater portion.

http://littleton.wickedlocal.com/article/20140618/NEWS/140616257

Mega nightclub eyeing Downtown Crossing
Thomas Grillo
Real Estate Editor
Boston Business Journal

A Florida-based nightclub operator has its eye on a 63,000-square-foot space at the Lafayette City Center in Boston’s Downtown Crossing.

Latitude 360, a combination restaurant and entertainment venue with bowling lanes, bar, dance floor, HD sports theater, a dine-in movie theater, high-tech game room and live music, has signed a letter of intent with the Abbey Group, owner of the 615,000-square-foot office and retail building at Washington Street and Avenue De Lafayette, the Boston Business has learned.

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/real_estate/2014/06/mega-nightclub-eyeing-downtown-crossing.html

This is exciting news...although I can't help but wonder what kind of crowd this place attracts.

Back