The New Retail Thread

photo.php
photo.php

Not quite new retail, more like existing renovated retail but check out the new allston mcdonalds storefront.

In order to post Facebook photos, you need to right-click on the picture when it's open and select "Copy Image Link" or "Copy Image URL" and use that for the IMG tag.

Wow, I live right there and I had no idea this was happening. I really do avoid the B like the plague...

Is this a stock format more urban Micky D's are taking on, or is it an interpretation of what Refuge Cafe did down the street?

A little surprising to see a newly renovated urban McD's in Allston. All the ones near me have closed -- Porter Square a few years ago, Davis Square last fall, Meadow Glen Mall a few weeks ago.

Not the most seamless renovation, but an improvement. I've always thought this building was particularly atrocious given it's high profile location on Boylston.

Looks like swing-folding windows for sidewalk seating!! Awesome!

Not the most seamless renovation, but an improvement. I've always thought this building was particularly atrocious given it's high profile location on Boylston.

Now if they could only do from the third floor up. Or hit it with a wrecking ball.

I hate this building with a passion.

I actually think that building is a good candidate for a facade transplant. I think it's biggest, though not only, flaw is the paneling and glass on the bays which look like they're made of plastic. Red-do the bays, and maybe change the windows in the set backs ... nah, shoot, hit it with a wrecking ball.

Nothing new. The first thing I heard him ever say was that he hates medical marijuana. It really turned me off him for months.

I thought it was just politics for him, but it seems to be something personal.

This actually just came up today because the Compassionate Organics guy wants to put an application in for a space on Harvard Ave (where the Unique HW store is now). He's got community support so far but I wonder if that will matter.

Nothing new. The first thing I heard him ever say was that he hates medical marijuana. It really turned me off him for months.

I thought it was just politics for him, but it seems to be something personal.

It's probably the recovering alcoholic in him.

He's also a cancer survivor. I'd think he'd have more compassion for his fellow sufferers.

Or he's mentally hiding behind his own experience and projecting it onto others: "I didn't need it, so why should they?"

Back