The New Retail Thread

I guess this was announced last May but saw the sign for the first time today.

GAP Outlet coming into Strawberries space on Washington Street.

(They had job listings last October, apparently http://www.simplyhired.com/job/stock-associate-gap-factory-store-downtown-new-job/gap/mwmwb42xlx)

SkluqzO.jpg

Just received notification that the retail spaces at 407-411 D Street, Flats on D, are all taken. Dunkin Donuts, Jimmy Johns, and Lapels are already open.

Seaport Wine and Spirits will be opening this summer, sometime in June hopefully. Massachusetts Bay Credit Union has a scheduled opening of early-mid May.

Whatever it was called before it was called Forum (Atrium? Agora? I know it was something ancient Greek) was there for a decade plus.

Uground -- Vox Populi -- η φωνή των πολιτών [phone politon]

It's all Greek to Me

or perhaps today guth na ndaoine

Éirinn go Brách

Still can't find a bidder on the Barnes & Noble space? That's insane.

Uground -- Vox Populi -- η φωνή των πολιτών [phone politon]

It's all Greek to Me

or perhaps today guth na ndaoine

Éirinn go Brách

η φωνή των πολιτών (E foni ton politon) means "voice of the people"

Still can't find a bidder on the Barnes & Noble space? That's insane.

I'd be shocked if there hasn't been interest from prospective tenants. Most likely the landlord is holding out for top of the market rents until the tower across the street is finished or close. I'd love to see a small, multi-floor live music venue/club in that space. Maybe with 300-400 capacity. A place downtown where adults can go to listen to jazz/blues/rock etc. while having dinner and drinks. The Beehive, while not my favorite place by any means, would be a good model. Does anything similar exist in Downtown Crossing or anywhere nearby?

I'd be shocked if there hasn't been interest from prospective tenants. Most likely the landlord is holding out for top of the market rents until the tower across the street is finished or close. I'd love to see a small, multi-floor live music venue/club in that space. Maybe with 300-400 capacity. A place downtown where adults can go to listen to jazz/blues/rock etc. while having dinner and drinks. The Beehive, while not my favorite place by any means, would be a good model. Does anything similar exist in Downtown Crossing or anywhere nearby?

Possibly even cozy up to a roaring fire to read a book in the middle of a dark and dreary February afternoon ;)

Just received notification that the retail spaces at 407-411 D Street, Flats on D, are all taken. Dunkin Donuts, Jimmy Johns, and Lapels are already open.

Seaport Wine and Spirits will be opening this summer, sometime in June hopefully. Massachusetts Bay Credit Union has a scheduled opening of early-mid May.

Boring. But maybe the sort of retail that is missing from the other pockets of the Seaport? Nonetheless hoping the hotels have retail that will draw in Southie proper as well as convention goers.

I'll be happy about the options if they have more than just wine & spirits at Seaport Wine and Spirits. There are just two markets in the neighborhood - 7-Eleven and J. Pace are about it right now. I'd settle for a place that sells Doritos.

Aloft is supposed to have a unique club scene but no mention of it being open to the general public - but, it must be.

Aloft Boston Waterfront will offer more than 10,000 square feet of state-of-the-art meeting space, a Splash pool, fitness center, and Re:fuel by Aloft -- a one-stop grab & go food and beverage area. Guests will also enjoy free access to local emerging artists as well as some of the hottest bands with Live at Aloft Hotels programming at the W XYZ(R) bar.

Each hotel is supposed to have ~8,000-square feet of retail/restaurant space.

I'd write more but my comment would probably be moved to a different thread...

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/star...lans-for-aloftelement-project-in-boston-27853

I'll be happy about the options if they have more than just wine & spirits at Seaport Wine and Spirits. There are just two markets in the neighborhood - 7-Eleven and J. Pace are about it right now. I'd settle for a place that sells Doritos.

Aloft is supposed to have a unique club scene but no mention of it being open to the general public - but, it must be.

Each hotel is supposed to have ~8,000-square feet of retail/restaurant space.

I'd write more but my comment would probably be moved to a different thread...

http://www.hotelmanagement.net/star...lans-for-aloftelement-project-in-boston-27853

That's good news, hopefully something can open while Lawn on D is still up a running. The crowd that it draws is impressive, and would be complimented very well with an upbeat bar/lounge. Aloft's Wxyz bar looks like it fits that mold, although I've never been.

Seems strange that the retail at Waterside Place is still empty. A grocer/market would be perfect here.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Kanes Donuts is officially open in Boston today. 90 Oliver Street, International Place

Oh good Lord. I saw a woman near State Street station with two boxes from Kanes and started thinking about when I could ever get up to Saugus. Having it this close is a very bad thing.

There used to be a little convenience store in there for commuters.

I'm going to need some serious self discipline to not order fucking Tasty Burgers every day when I get back into the city at 7PM on the train. Ugh.

FWIW, the Harvard Square CVS changed locations as of this morning. Not sure about the small JFK St. location, but I would expect that it has closed.

There used to be a little convenience store in there for commuters.

I'm going to need some serious self discipline to not order fucking Tasty Burgers every day when I get back into the city at 7PM on the train. Ugh.

I dont understand how a convenience store in a train station can go out of business

Back