The New Retail Thread

Upper Crust to open at 1330 Boylston soon.
Robeks at triology confirmed to be closed forever, coming soon sign for some other fruit related business
The building next to the new guitar center on Boylston will no longer be a restaurant as planned. Space available sign has been put on display.

No problem with that, Uppercrust is pretty damn good. I still wish Atomic Cafe would expand already.

There's usually an inverse relationship between number of locations and quality. It's hard to maintain control over the product / pride in it when your small chain becomes an empire.

By which I mean, I hope Upper Crust has a plan to stop before it becomes the Starbucks of pizzerias.

^ How freudian! I think you mean urban outfitters.

This building replaced the Gulf that was there? Are there any pictures on aB?

An Urban Outfitters there? Somehow it makes tons of sense and no sense at the same time.

There is also a Shawarma King opening up in West Roxbury on Centre st.

Its the same owner and same logo, its only called "The King" though. Not sure why they dropped Shawarma from the title.

Did i mention I LOVE SHAWARMA KING!

Sorry - I am not the smartest guy in the room. I have some good pics of the Gulf station at 226 Harvard Ave that I could post if I could figure out how to insert them.

I primarily use Imageshack, so I'll direct you through that site...

1. Go there and choose a photo(s) to upload
2. If your image is big, check the "resize" box... your typical width is between 600-1200 pixels (I typically use the 800x600 setting)
3. Start the upload
4. Then once that's done and you're on the "my images" screen, click the link for "embeddable code" for forums, and copy+paste it over to here. That link is the assigned url for the photo (aka www.imageshack.com/img33/tydfgdfgf.....) with
tags at the beginning and end of it, which serve to let the forum software know to read the url as an image and to display it.

That's it!

For instance, this is a link to an image I uploaded, posted at the 800x600 pixel resize I mentioned:
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3171/sunsetbrewsterflats2.jpg

Add those tags, and you get this:

[IMG]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3171/sunsetbrewsterflats2.jpg

If you hit the quote button, you can see the full link instead of the photo.

(Picture is of the Brewster Flats on the Cape, found on Flickr years ago)

^I believe I know where that is. Near Ellis Landing Road?

Back