The New Retail Thread

Aceituna! When I worked in Kendall, I went there often; Best Shawarma sandwiches in the city. Now I'll finally be by it once again, very exciting.

The CVS is a HUGE move forward for the area.
I like the mix of small local and chains going in.
Chipotle may be generic and everywhere, but I would assume lines similar to the one in Kendall.
I have never been to Aceituna ( basically because the lines are too obscene for me), but based on the reviews I've heard, I would expect it to do gangbusters here as well.
I've heard nothing but love for Shake Shack as well.

Overall very exciting. Wish any of it was there when I worked in Fort Point.
Now, some retail that is not food based (CVS not withstanding) needs to start filling in as well to make it not just for lunch time workers.

The influx of people living here has just started, and is about to ramp up. So, hopefully we get a bit more of a mix.

Agree. A couple full service gyms (I know equinox is opening in Seaport Square), a full service liquor store and a tailor/dry cleaner would do wonders to make this area more liveable.

Overall very exciting. Wish any of it was there when I worked in Fort Point.
Now, some retail that is not food based (CVS not withstanding) needs to start filling in as well to make it not just for lunch time workers.

The influx of people living here has just started, and is about to ramp up. So, hopefully we get a bit more of a mix.

Seaport Square M1/M2 is the only parcel so far that has proposed something other than entertainment/food & convenience retail. It's supposed to be like an outdoor mall with mall-type stores: clothing, shoes, housewares, etc.

Seaport Square M1/M2 is the only parcel so far that has proposed something other than entertainment/food & convenience retail. It's supposed to be like an outdoor mall with mall-type stores: clothing, shoes, housewares, etc.

outdoor mall? the street level retail is the minority here, most of the retail will be inside (on 3 levels) basically like an indoor mall

outdoor mall? the street level retail is the minority here, most of the retail will be inside (on 3 levels) basically like an indoor mall

To my knowledge there is no indoor mall-like component to M1/M2. I've been to the various BCDC meetings on it and I watched the entire BRA Board approval meeting. Some of the stores are 2 levels.

M1/M2 thread: http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=5097

Seaport%20Square%20Parcels%20M1-M2%20Boston%207.jpg

Seaport%20Block%20M1-M2%20rend%204.jpg

It seems like this project is an outdoor type mall, but on the interior of the development. Having looked at additional renderings of M1/M2, most of the retail at street level lines the new interior streets/pedestrian entrances of the project, not so much on Seaport Blvd. or East Service Rd. Data, you're the expert here, I might be reading the renderings incorrectly. In any case, this project is awesome and I sure hope it's built.

It seems like this project is an outdoor type mall, but on the interior of the development. Having looked at additional renderings of M1/M2, most of the retail at street level lines the new interior streets/pedestrian entrances of the project, not so much on Seaport Blvd. or East Service Rd. Data, you're the expert here, I might be reading the renderings incorrectly. In any case, this project is awesome and I sure hope it's built.

It's pretty much wrapped in retail in addition to the interior pedestrian mall.

Anyway, the rest of this conversation should be had in the M1/M2 thread. I just wanted to make the point that there's a ton of non-cafe/restaurant/big-box entertainment retail on the horizon in this parcel, but it's the only parcel to do so.

Parcel m is going to bring another pedestrian plaza right next to the one between 121 seaport and 101 and then seaport square is right down the road. This is looking like its going to be a shoppers oasis. Like i said in the other thread we have great old school shopping areas already well established and this will add diversity by creating a brand new modern version.

Sweetgreen will be opening between Wahlburgers and Saloniki Greek on Brookline Ave. in Fenway.

New ground-level retail build-out continuing @ 300 Mass Ave, Cambridge (Takeda Pharmaceuticals, University Park)

The small local stationery store from across the street just moved in.

...As part of 5-retail unit plan. Layout shown here.

Sweetgreen will be opening between Wahlburgers and Saloniki Greek on Brookline Ave. in Fenway.

They are dead to me after they removed bacon from all of their locations forever. Yes, I like some real bacon with my greens. Kill me.

They are dead to me after they removed bacon from all of their locations forever. Yes, I like some real bacon with my greens. Kill me.

When did that happen?? I'm sure I had bacon in a SG salad in DC a couple weeks ago. Though it would pain me, I'd still like them.

Frank Anthony's sign is up on a vacant retail space in the Vertex building. Looks to be a similar concept to JPace. A deli, sandwich, small grocery shop?

Frank Anthony's sign is up on a vacant retail space in the Vertex building. Looks to be a similar concept to JPace. A deli, sandwich, small grocery shop?

Falcon -- But there's more -- it sounds like one of those infomercials

Today's Boston Herald Headline
Fan Pier catches Mastro’s, gourmet market, cafe
Donna Goodison Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A new high-end seafood restaurant, gourmet market and bakery/cafe are headed to Fan Pier, the Fallon Co.’s complex of commercial and luxury residential high-rises in the Seaport District...

“We want to service the property as well as the neighborhood,” Fallon said. “The whole area is gelling together pretty well.”

Houston-based Mastro’s Restaurants will open Mastro’s Ocean Club — its first New England restaurant — at the Twenty Two Liberty condo tower this fall. It will serve seafood, steaks and chops in more than 9,200-square-feet of ground-floor space and an outdoor dining area overlooking Boston Harbor, with live entertainment seven nights per week. Ocean Clubs also operate in Malibu and Newport Beach, Calif., Scottsdale, Ariz., and Las Vegas.

“They are actually looking to make this one of their premier restaurants for the Ocean Club brand,” Fallon said.

The 2,500-square-foot Frank Anthony’s Gourmet Market is due to open late this summer at 11 Fan Pier, one of two towers that serve as Vertex Pharmaceuticals’ headquarters....

Also debuting this summer will be the fourth bakery/cafe for Sorelle, a Boston chain. It’s taking more than 1,200 square feet at 100 Northern Ave., an office tower that held its official opening last week.

“They are actually looking to make this one of their premier restaurants for the Ocean Club brand,” Fallon said.

I'd love to see a restaurateur, just once, come out and say... "we're looking to do a watered-down version of our premier Las Vegas product. We've got a lot of restaurants now, and it's not like EVERY ONE can be our new flagship. This branch will be pretty nice, too, though."

Back