The New Retail Thread

Is the Barking Crab closed for renovations or is it the daily catch? I read it's the daily catch

According to a sign on their door, the Daily Catch in the Courthouse has permanently closed.

Citizens Bank will be opening in the (very small) lobby of 10 Farnsworth.

According to a sign on their door, the Daily Catch in the Courthouse has permanently closed.

Initial reports indicated renovation, but now says permanently closed as you say. Even their website is conflicting. Kind of sad to see it go. It had been around for a while and usually had a pretty good crowd.

Lids on Winter Street closed not too long ago, but they're temporarily located in Macy's ("Lids at Macy's") in what is obviously a very hastily thrown together section of the store.

Went to buy a Red Sox World Series Champions hat last week and ended up talking to the manager. Their lease was not renewed for the Winter St. store. According to him, the option was never offered (a bank is opening in the space - yay!), but they do have a lease lined up and should be reopening on Washington (not sure exactly which spot) in Late Winter/Early Spring. In the meantime, they're at Macy's in the men's suits section.

Also heard DTX Macy’s is getting a renovation...sorely needed.

Indochino opening at the former Yo Sushi space in Seaport

This is great for Indochino. Their Newbury St location is way undersized and absolutely slammed. I got a suit there earlier this year and it was elbow-to-elbow on a Saturday afternoon. One employee was telling me that they had been begging corporate to get them more space.

Lids on Winter Street closed not too long ago, but they're temporarily located in Macy's ("Lids at Macy's") in what is obviously a very hastily thrown together section of the store.

Went to buy a Red Sox World Series Champions hat last week and ended up talking to the manager. Their lease was not renewed for the Winter St. store. According to him, the option was never offered (a bank is opening in the space - yay!), but they do have a lease lined up and should be reopening on Washington (not sure exactly which spot) in Late Winter/Early Spring. In the meantime, they're at Macy's in the men's suits section.

I believe that space is leased up as part of Chase bank's expansion into the Boston market.

It's definitely underway. The floors are ripped up in the cosmetics department, and there are sections completely closed off. Agreed, it's long overdue.

I believe that space is leased up as part of Chase bank's expansion into the Boston market.

I think this is right.

Around 100 Papa Gino's and DeAngelo's are closed in a sale/Ch 11 filing. That is going to create a lot of empty restaurant locations and a good supply of restaurant workers.

Last edited:

It's definitely underway. The floors are ripped up in the cosmetics department, and there are sections completely closed off. Agreed, it's long overdue.

I think this is right.

They are adding a Starbucks inside the store at the Temple Place exit. Signs for hiring baristas are posted around and I saw the construction area today. Plumbing appears to be roughed in. They're laying tile on the floor.

They are adding a Starbucks inside the store at the Temple Place exit. Signs for hiring baristas are posted around and I saw the construction area today. Plumbing appears to be roughed in. They're laying tile on the floor.

I know its downtown where there are practically 2 Dunks on every block but there are literally two existing Starbucks locations 100 yards from that Macy's depending which door you exit. The one on Winter Street and the one on Summer Street. That doesn't even include the one 200 yards away on School Street. If you go 300 yards out there are at least two more. LOL. Guess some people can never have enough Fivebucks.

I know its downtown where there are practically 2 Dunks on every block but there are literally two existing Starbucks locations 100 yards from that Macy's depending which door you exit. The one on Winter Street and the one on Summer Street. That doesn't even include the one 200 yards away on School Street. If you go 300 yards out there are at least two more. LOL. Guess some people can never have enough Fivebucks.

There are intersections in Manhattan where there is a Starbucks on every corner.

It appears to just be accessible within the store. I understand wanting to bring people inside to see displays and such, but this will probably just mean a bunch of empty Starbucks cups littered in weird places around the store. Department stores don't have trash barrels.

It appears to just be accessible within the store. I understand wanting to bring people inside to see displays and such, but this will probably just mean a bunch of empty Starbucks cups littered in weird places around the store. Department stores don't have trash barrels.

Better those than the gross Dunkin Styrofoam crap you see littered all over the place.

What is going in where Bath & Body Works was in DTX in Corner Mall? It's boarded up as of the other day....

Express Prudential has suddenly closed. It was fine a week ago on Black Friday...

Back