The New Retail Thread

West Roxbury: suburban conveniences, city schools!

Why wouldn't you want to live there?

Oh please. You don't think anyone from West Roxbury actually sends their kids to public school do you?*

Holy Name/St. T's + CM/BC High.

* Well, maybe a few go to Boston Latin.

Oh please. You don't think anyone from West Roxbury actually sends their kids to public school do you?*

Holy Name/St. T's + CM/BC High.

* Well, maybe a few go to Boston Latin.

ding ding ding!!

<-- product of St. T's and them CM.

St. T's? All the cool kids went to Holy Name.

^^ Which is still probably more than went to all other Public Highs combined.

West Roxbury: suburban conveniences, city schools!

Why wouldn't you want to live there?

To play devils advocate, here are a few assets:

good historic single family housing stock that is cheaper than upscale suburbs. Good restaurant scene in Roslindale/West Roxbury these days. Quick commute on the comm. Rail ride to Back Bay/South Station and lower property taxes than surrounding suburbs. On the other hand, schools are an issue. Although, the area is really suburban in its spatial layout, it's residents are increasingly eclectic and it is not the West Roxbury of 20 years ago.

^ This is true, commuter. I just kid.

I love the trees on VFW.

^ This is true, commuter. I just kid.

I love the trees on VFW.

Speaking of the VFW, construction has finally started on the condo's where the old Star of David nursing home was located. The old abandoned nursing home has been completely demolished. I think the project is called Gordon's Woods.

Also, the old Spring Blossom chinese place is undergoing renovations. I believe a Lebanese restaurant is looking to open shop there.

t30qo.jpg

The foundation is in for Louis Boston's new location on the waterfront - Fan Pier

Bigger Pic. (stupid TwitPic)

Please please tell me it's going to be surrounded on all sides by parking like a suburban Taco Bell... that's how it looks...

CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT

Please please tell me it's going to be surrounded on all sides by parking like a suburban Taco Bell... that's how it looks...

CAN YOU FEEL THE EXCITEMENT

Im assuming the right and back sides (between the store and the water) will have harborwalk work done (you can see the rest of the work in the fan pier thread)

t30qo.jpg

The foundation is in for Louis Boston's new location on the waterfront - Fan Pier

Bigger Pic. (stupid TwitPic)

Louis is going to the waterfront? What do they know that no one else does? Is there any high end retail planned for its environs?

Fair enough, on the expense side of the ledger. But on the income side...down there?

Shepard figured it out.

Is this really a Taco Bell on the waterfront? I mean, Fort Point Channel I could just about see, sort of a direct deposit scheme, if you get my drift...

Back