The New Retail Thread

That has to be one of the least inviting store fronts I've ever seen... in fact it almost looks like the kind of thing they put up when a store is under construction.

I wish them luck but if the space fails I'm doing a "told ya so".

Agreed. The phrase "Windows, not walls!!!!" comes to mind.

How tone deaf can a business be? Is it supposed to be a "Speakeasy" concept? Are customers supposed to whisper a secret password? That would be the only defense for this entrance design stupidity.

That has to be one of the least inviting store fronts I've ever seen... in fact it almost looks like the kind of thing they put up when a store is under construction.

I wish them luck but if the space fails I'm doing a "told ya so".
At best it's a misuse of valuable real-estate.

I sort of understand; I realize the treehouse has something of a following, and that they refuse to distribute their beers through liquor stores in favor of "the onsite experience" - I think the look is reminiscent of their other locations, but this only seems to be an online order pickup point with weekly beer garden events in the courtyard. I wouldn't be hugely surprised if this is functionally a popup, while they look for space/licence for a proper beer garden in the city.

Back