The New Retail Thread

I didn't realize just how badly Bertucci's wanted to run Vinny T's into the ground. Sign on the location across from the Pru:

bostonwalk12.jpg

I forget if this was posted, already. A b.good restaurant is going into the old BoLoCo space on Massachusetts Ave near Berklee College of Noise.

bgood.jpg

The Wholy Grain, a bakery and deli emphasizing healthy fare, is coming to the South End this summer.

Neighborhood residents Ken Hassett and David McFarlane are going through the permitting process to open it in a space that previously housed a private social club at 275A Shawmut Ave., near Coppa, South End Formaggio and the Franklin Cafe.

Source: Boston Herald

http://www.bostonherald.com/business/general/view.bg?articleid=1239146

I forget if this was posted, already. A b.good restaurant is going into the old BoLoCo space on Massachusetts Ave near Berklee College of Noise.

bgood.jpg

Ugh. This would have been a great location for another U-Burger. B. Good is not good.

B Good is better than a B King at least, and I do think it's very good (caveat that I am going based on veggie burgers)

I didn't realize just how badly Bertucci's wanted to run Vinny T's into the ground. Sign on the location across from the Pru:

bostonwalk12.jpg

I'm actually a little sad about this. Would go there before Sox games with my wife. She loved the Sangria, and the fact that you could get it by the pitcher for like 13 bucks. Sitting out in the patio seating was always a nice time.

I like VinnyT's also, but my biggest gripe with them is that they try too hard to look like a large chain (e.g. Olive Garden). I wish they were a little less scripted, a little more chaotic, and most of all that they gave the impression of a local mini-chain. Not Your Average Joe's strikes me as a restaurant which does this well.

Edit: Just discovered that they're owned by Bertucci's. I guess chains can't act like non-chains een when it's in their interest to do so...

Bertucci's actually sold Vinny T's in March 2009 to some NY restaurant management company.

NOCHE, formerly Icarus Restaurant, is opening in May 2010. NOCHE will be a fine dining restaurant and bar, catered to the affluent late night crowd of Boston. Located on Appleton Street in the South End.

Also, something called "Six Burner" has opened at Tent City, across from the Back Bay / South End Orange Line station. Used to be Firefly.

Regarding NOCHE (apparently, all caps are important): DOA. "Catering to the late night crowd" is a no-go here. They'll regret stating it as such.

The "affluent late night crowd?" Why can't it just be "affluent" or "late night?" Honestly, I think they're being a tad bit picky with their client?le.

Had a few beers at Six Burner the other night. Same owner and management as Firefly. Seems like all they've done is improve the menu, upgrade the beer/wine list and push for more local residents as opposed to just being a business lunch place (e.g., trivia night, new TVs on at night, etc.). An improvement, but nothing earth shattering.

TV's on in a bar? AWESOME, I'M IN!!! I LOVE GOING OUT SO I CAN DO THE SAME THING I DO AT HOME.

Not a slam against you, I just HATE TVs in bars. It's 50% commercials no matter what station is on ...

Back