The New Retail Thread

whighlander:

You're off a bit. The building where the "Grain Exchange" restaurant is being located is right across from the Rings Fountain, which is at the southern end of one of the large Wharf District parcels. Immediately to the north of that, is another large Wharf District parcel with the Harbor Islands Pavilion and the Carousel. North of that is the Armenian Heritage Park.

AWESOME!

Barnes & Noble will still be cheaper for the essentials, but it's great to see the Pru get such a flagship store.

Last edited:
"the store will showcase microsoft products. Keeping with the theme, the store will periodically close at random and all lights will create a blue tint. All shoppers to leave the store and wait 10 minutes for it to reopen"

Apple on Boylston, Microsoft in the Pru...will the Amazon Store be on Newbury? In Copley Place? Downtown Crossing?

Bryan Koop, senior vice president at Boston Properties (NYSE: BXP), the landlord at the mall, refused to comment.

Did this strike anyone as weird?

Not quite.

They edited the article.

It originally said:
"Not to be outdone by the Hub’s flashy glass Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) store on Boylston Street, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) is opening its first superstore on the East Coast this summer, ..."

Some additional description on an existing smaller Dunks:

ZXsmf.jpg

Work has begun on the Copley Fairmont outdoor cafe:

Ty830.jpg

Microsoft Store:

6zqVH.jpg

Microsoft Store:

6zqVH.jpg

No that is where Ann Taylor is moving to

The Microsoft Store is going to be located where Ann Taylor is currently located --- essentially to the back of the photographer --- in block E on the map at the corner of the Back Bay Arcade, the Centre Court and the Huntington Arcade

11_map.gif

Last edited:
^^ I think you're wrong, Whighlander.

Why would Ann Taylor spend a fortune on their new E-block store just to move back to their original spot later? That seems stupid, let alone unnecessary excess spending. It also seems stupid to market their vacated space as the site of the new Microsoft Store.

Just saying.

Is 111 Huntington experiencing a lot of vacancy? Looks like a lot of floors are empty or a big build out is being done.

Is 111 Huntington experiencing a lot of vacancy? Looks like a lot of floors are empty or a big build out is being done.

I've noticed that the last six weeks or so. The middle floors.

Former Bain Capital space being built out for MFS lease commencing early 2013.

That is so f-ing weird. I was walking by it last night and thought I was looking at it wrong but noticed the same thing. You know, in this entire city, I bet only a handful of people ever look up.

That is so f-ing weird. I was walking by it last night and thought I was looking at it wrong but noticed the same thing. You know, in this entire city, I bet only a handful of people ever look up.

The tower is so stunning, how can you not look up?

Back