The New Retail Thread

Yeah, but the closest one to downtown is Cambridgeside Galleria, and after that, nothing until Everett. :)

Northeastern's Curry SC has a Taco Bell that covers the western part of Boston. There needs to be one in the CBD/Copley area though. It's so difficult right now to enjoy a Doritos Loco, Baja Blast, and Cinnamon Twists all for under $5. Taco Bell is the only thing I miss about working at CSide. =P

I really like how the Earl of Sandwich came out:

QxPJUCC.jpg

k5bilAO.jpg

Anyone have pics of the restaurant at IP facing the greenway?

Anyone have pics of the restaurant at IP facing the greenway?

You mean the Palm? A terrible mistake was made and somehow I was mailed an invite to their preview tasting in mid-may. I'll try to remember to report back.....

I walked by the new Palm Restaurant site at International Place about a week ago and the entrance was still covered with a plywood wall so there was not much to see except the restaurant sign. It looks like it will turn out to be a great location.

I've never had EoS, but my impression is it sets the bar pretty damn low on quality. Is it even on the level of Subway?

Seems about on par with Panera or Au Bon Pain to me. Eaten there several times at the Common and haven't thought it was poor quality.

Out of curiosity, do those wishing for a local alternative here know what the process for choosing Earl was?

I've never had EoS, but my impression is it sets the bar pretty damn low on quality. Is it even on the level of Subway?

I'll never understand how people can choose Subway over a place like D'Angelos(talking chains). Aside from price, Subway has nothing on D'Angelos.

Seems about on par with Panera or Au Bon Pain to me. Eaten there several times at the Common and haven't thought it was poor quality.

Out of curiosity, do those wishing for a local alternative here know what the process for choosing Earl was?

The city put it out for a bid. B.good (local chain) put their name in the pot and was pretty disappointed they were not chosen from what I have heard. No idea who else put their name in.

Back