The New Retail Thread

Caffe Nero just got city approval for its second US location... at 733 Centre St in Jamaica Plain.

http://www.jamaicaplainnews.com/2014/11/city-okays-caffe-neros-jamaica-plain-location/

scan-e1410270920762.jpg

scan0002-e1410270859720.jpg

Great that will be a good addition to center street in my opinion.

Man, if that isn't indicative of JP's gentrification, I don't know what is...

Good news. I like the other one, so more can't be a bad thing. Probably Kendall and Davis are in the works as well...

Similar to what you'd find in new york city, south station now has a convenience kiosk. (Sorry I don't have professional cameras but at least I post pics lol)

1974163_822845681092650_8575564650402108371_o.jpg

10848561_822845597759325_1343738003265254654_o.jpg

My heart be still! More more more! If only we could get fresh bakeries like the Berlin U-Bahn. =P

Great find.

Last edited:
My heart be still! More more more! If only we could get fresh bakeries like the U-Bahn. =P

Great find.

Try

logo_paul.gif

171_zpdt.jpg

Baguette Charlemagne
PAUL celebrates 120 years of tradition and excellence in the art of baking bread with the creation of the Charlemagne baguette. This baguette is made with durum wheat giving it a distinctive taste and appearance. The thin crust and dense center make it perfect for those looking for quality and flavor.

Now open @ Assembly Row
PAUL Assembly Row
631 Assembly Row #230
Somerville, MA 02145

Tel : (617) 4401049
Email : pauld20@paul-usa.com

Magnifique
http://www.paul-usa.com/shop/en-US/Shop/PAUL-Assembly-Row_633

Uh, on my commute I just want a 1 Euro Apfelschnecke or Bretzel... not a ridiculously pricey fruit tart or chocolate torte.

P1020604.JPG

Om nom nom.

How about a

Sandwich Mixte
Ham, Emmental cheese, butter on PAUL Traditional baguette

NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER 100G

Fats-
Proteins-
Carbohydrates-
Fibers-
Salt-
Sugar-
Satured Fat-
Energy (kCal)

73_zpdt.jpg

datadyne007 said:
Uh, on my commute I just want a 1 Euro Apfelschnecke or Bretzel...

Oh Le Crobag! For a place with such an unappetizing name (when pronounced in American), it has saved me from starvation on many occasions. Boston could definitely use a few of those.

Oh Le Crobag! For a place with such an unappetizing name (when pronounced in American), it has saved me from starvation on many occasions. Boston could definitely use a few of those.

Nicht, Nein, Keine Le Crobag

But we do now have Cafe Nero in DTX @ Millenium Place -- first in the US

unnamed-42-1.jpg

560 Washington Street (Downtown Crossing)
Boston, MA 02111
Tel: 617 936 3432
Mon - Sun: 7:00am-9:30pm

FACILITIES
Comfy seating, cozy fireplace, long tables to work from and huge windows to watch the world go by. Perfect.

SANDWICHES
CAFFÈ NERO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
Baked Frittata made with fresh eggs, roasted tomatoes, bacon with emmental cheese and arugula served on a toasted ciabatta.
CAPRESE ON BAGUETTE
Fresh mozzarella, garden fresh tomatoes, basil leaf and extra virgin olive oil.
PROSCIUTTO DE PARMA WITH MASCARPONE
The crown jewel of hams with a touch of mascarpone pressed on a baguette.
ROAST TURKEY AND BRIE WITH CRANBERRY CHUTNEY
A pressed roast turkey with cranberry chutney, brie & caramelized onions on a baguette.
ROASTED VEGETABLE FOCACCIA
Focaccia pressed with roasted peppers, eggplant, squash and zucchini and an olive tapenade spread drizzled with pesto aioli.
HAM AND CHEESE BAGUETTE
Rosemary ham with emmental cheese withbutter on a baguette.
TUNA SALAD SANDWICH ON CIABATTA
All white tuna tossed with celery and mayonnaise served with baby field greens on a ciabatta.
BLT
Bacon, lettuce and tomato with pesto aioli served on a ciabatta.
ARTISAN ITALIAN ON FOCACCIA
Rosemary ham, hard salami and mortadella topped with provolone and olive salad.

SWEET TREATS
MUFFINS & SCONES
Muffins - Belgian Chocolate, Blueberry, Lemon Poppy Seed, Orange Cranberry, Raisin Scone, Chocolate Scone.
LOAFS & BARS
Banana Bread, Carrot Loaf Cake, Zucchini Bread, Granola Bar, Caramel Shortbread, Belgian Chocolate Brownie, Gluten Free Brownies, Apple Coffee Cake.
COOKIES
Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, Ginger Molasses Cookies, Seasonal Cookies, Gluten Free Cookies.
CAKES
Limoncello Mascarpone Cake, Five Layered Chocolate Cake, Cappuccino Cake, Toasted Almond Cake, Cheese Cake.
TREATS & CHOCOLATE
Almond Biscotti, Cannoli, Tortina, Baci Chocolate, Chocolate Coffee Beans, Italian Mints, Italian Chocolate Bar, Individual Italian Chocolate, Loacker Cookies.

Oh for fucks sake. Give it a break. None of these establishments you have posted are in train stations. My original post about this was about bakeries in train stations and on subway platforms.

Just saw that the former Citizens Bank right in the center of Harvard Square (former location of the Tasty) is becoming... wait for it... a CVS. This would make three CVS locations in a two block span. Anyone know if one or both of the other locations are shuttering?

Speaking of CVS, is the one in South Station the absolute worst use of retail space in the city?

With the views looking out over Dewey Sq and the inside of the station, that space would be the ideal spot for a high-end restaurant, no? Unless it was impossible to put a kitchen in the space.

Just saw that the former Citizens Bank right in the center of Harvard Square (former location of the Tasty) is becoming... wait for it... a CVS. This would make three CVS locations in a two block span. Anyone know if one or both of the other locations are shuttering?

Please tell me they're closing at least the one on JFK if they're taking up another (?!?) space. It's looking pretty shabby.

Back