The New Retail Thread

I've heard that the movement in Center Plaza is due to their upcoming construction. They just recently went through PIC for curb alignment changes along Cambridge St, so I believe their renovation will be starting soon.

I was wondering about that but there are still a lot of tenants along Cambridge St. I don't see why some would have to move out while others stay.

Quick question:

Do you pronounce it U-Burger (yoo-ber-ger) or Uber-ger (oo-ber-ger) like a portmanteau of uber and burger. Their slogan is "above all burgers" which supports my "uber" theory, but I've never heard anyone call it oo-ber-ger.

YOO - ber - get. YOU - BURGER. :)

I think the U originally represented University. As in University Burger. It's original location was at BU.

Quick question:

Do you pronounce it U-Burger (yoo-ber-ger) or Uber-ger (oo-ber-ger) like a portmanteau of uber and burger.

I was told by staff at the now closed Tremont st. location that it was later. And I agree that it is the best of the local burger chains. Seems like for some reason they can only be successful near the colleges (i.e. Kenmore Square and brighton locations) which surprises me. I would often (too often!) make the 10 min walk, even in inclement weather, from the financial district to Tremont when craving a decent, quick burger. And they have by far the best fries in town for fast food. I miss having them downtown.

I was told by staff at the now closed Tremont st. location that it was later. And I agree that it is the best of the local burger chains. Seems like for some reason they can only be successful near the colleges (i.e. Kenmore Square and brighton locations) which surprises me. I would often (too often!) make the 10 min walk, even in inclement weather, from the financial district to Tremont when craving a decent, quick burger. And they have by far the best fries in town for fast food. I miss having them downtown.

Their fries are indeed amazing. The phat chick sandwich is freaking delicious too. This thread has reminded me how much I miss UBurger. =(

Their fries are indeed amazing. The phat chick sandwich is freaking delicious too. This thread has reminded me how much I miss UBurger. =(

I loved the guacamole turkey burger. I was sad to lose the Faneuil one, but in disbelief when Tremont closed too!

9AylweL.png

121 Coffee House to open at 121 Devonshire in the Financial District. Looks like it's pretty close to opening. I peeked in this morning and the interior is pretty nice. I'm looking forward to checking out and (presumably) overpaying for a coffee.

Sweetgreen will be opening 5 more Boston area locations by the Fall. 3 will open this summer - one in Fenway on Brookline Ave, one at Washington and School Street downtown and another on Summer Street.

In the Fall a location in Harvard Square and one at the Ink Block will open. This should bring their Boston area locations up to a total of 10.

http://www.boston.com/food-dining/2...YUpGtUy9CgPYrFSgqt6QSN/story.html?p1=story_hp

UBurger was started by two friends. Kenmore Square was first ~2006, BU (at Babcock St.) was second, and Tremont Street was third.

Tremont Street was the first franchised locations - the other two were O&O by the founders. It closed because of a dispute with the franchisee, and now he owns some sort of pasta shops in the same place. But he still serves milkshakes, etc.

The Faneuil location just didn't do well for whatever reason and closed. Bummer. The owners are now opening a new location in Andover at some point. Will be interesting to hear how it does outside of town.

UBurger was started by two friends. Kenmore Square was first ~2006, BU (at Babcock St.) was second, and Tremont Street was third.

Tremont Street was the first franchised locations - the other two were O&O by the founders. It closed because of a dispute with the franchisee, and now he owns some sort of pasta shops in the same place. But he still serves milkshakes, etc.

The Faneuil location just didn't do well for whatever reason and closed. Bummer. The owners are now opening a new location in Andover at some point. Will be interesting to hear how it does outside of town.

Thought Andover was already open? Also don't forget the Northeastern location (though its not as good because its staffed by Chartwells employees who don't care about making good food and the hours suck).

Thought Andover was already open? Also don't forget the Northeastern location (though its not as good because its staffed by Chartwells employees who don't care about making good food and the hours suck).

Oops - you may be right. And yes, the NEU location sucks. The food tastes different here and the frappes are not prepared as good as at other locations. And hours are horrible. It's like a satellite location...

Starbucks is opening yet another location - this one on Congress Street next to Bon Me across from the Children's Museum / Hood Milk Bottle.

Signage went up within the last day or so.

Back